Could not pair Zigbee lock with 2.3.8.117 and 2.3.8.118, rolled back to 2.3.7.146 [C-8 Pro]

I could not pair a Kwickset Convert 914C Zigbee 3.0 lock with platform 2.3.8.117 or 2.3.8.118. Last week I had paired another lock just like this one without issue, so I rolled back to 2.3.7.146 which was the platform version I was on when the previous lock paired with out any issues. I was able to pair this new lock w/out issue on 2.3.7.146

I wasn't sure exactly where this info should, so I dropped it into feedback.

I have major issues pairing any Zigbee device both on my c-7 and c8pro the c-7 worked fine until I updated to 2.3.8.118. Devices just don’t pair or quit responding.

I can pair to Alex hub or Smartthings hub without and issue but no luck on and Hubitat

This is super unfortunate as I picked up the hubitat to replace the Smartthings hub as I wanted local processing.

Both of my locks are now acting funny, I just havent gotten back around to re-pairing them to see if they fix them selves.

I re-paired the locks and they were still acting weird (only one would work closest to the hub, etc.) So then I ended up changing the channel and power settings for zigbee to see if that cleared up the strange behavior, and it appears to have done so. I'll try updating the hub firmware to see if things still play nice.

Good rule of thumb is keep Zigbee on 20 and above and your WiFi AP on channel 6 and below

I've got a number of APs (five). So I need to keep them on different channels to help with roaming, and not interfering with each other, so I ended up changing to channel 16 as that was the furthest off from the AP in the same room as the hub. I also set the power level to 16. So far so good on the Zigbee and ZWave locks I have. Just need to update the firmware and see if it is still stable.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.