Could it be (2nd take)? 2.2.3.118/9Fixed the slowdown problem?

@gopher.ny @bobbyD

Well about 48 hours into it and I haven’t had any 2 10-minute periods in a row of slowdown on z-wave, Zigbee, or virtual switches. I I have only had 1 or 2 slow readings period. Nightly maintenance runs to completion well before my maintenance window on hub watchdog ends with no sign of slowdown after maintenance! Just letting you know and will keep you informed.

Nice work so far.

LJ

3 Likes

It seems others would agree and have a little bit of proof.

2 Likes

I had the opposite experience. Everything on my hub after upgrade was reliable, but everything was super slow. Like take 10 seconds for a light to come on slow. Did a few reboots waited 2 days for things to get better, it didn’t. Rolled back and everything was fine again. While they fixed some things I think there are other yet diagnosed issues to shake out.

It’s not a huge deal as new updates always have this issue where there are bugs. For me performance has been very good on 2.2.2.129

2 Likes

Yep, new software almost always causes "You say tomato, I say 'tomahto'" results. :wink::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Funny my experience on the last one was improved over the ones before it but in the end was bad. The day I updated to 2.2.3.118 my system had been in a constant state of slowdown for two or three days even after restarts, reboots, and nightly maintenance. See the similarly named thread in the lounge about that one where I provide watchdog data.

LJ

@gopher.ny @bobbyD

What you and the team did for performance enhancements in this last release really nailed it. Nearly 96 hours and still barely a flicker of a slowdown on and test devices. Amazing. Not since I got on HE has it been this good. Was it the dashboard fixes?

I have had a couple of strange glitches like a bunch of rules not triggering when events occur until I went in to them and hit Update Rule, then they seem to be fine. I haven’t tested all of them yet.

Also, I have a strange glitch in Alexa where when I give a simple verbal command to turn a switch on or off, like a ceiling fan, she immediately does the task but also immediately says “I’m not quite sure what went wrong.” That’s all she says and gives no clues but the action happens. This is just since the upgrade too. I also had to manually go and update some cookies for web apps.

Other than that it seems great and those annoyances pale in comparison to the elation I feel over the slowdowns being virtually nonexistent so far.

Great work,

LJ

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. I shared the feedback with our team. All credit goes to the engineering team who has been working tirelessly to resolve this issue and many more, and continue to do so around the clock.

@bobbyD The update had the opposite effect for me. Major slowdowns (5-10 sec delay goodnight routine). I had to roll back. 2.2.2.129 Has been blazing fast. If you want to look at the device, I’d be glad to try an upgrade again.

1 Like