Corrupted rule. Can't delete it without "opening" it. Can't open it cuz corrupted

I love Hubitat. I own 3. I have 100+ devices and I write some very complicated rules coordinating activity on multiple properties.
In all that use, I've only found one problem I can't work around....

Some time ago, I edited a rule and the UI threw an error. It was a while ago so I don't remember what the edit action was or what version I was on. I'm sure you've fixed whatever bug I encountered in the meantime.

My issue is that the rule is still partially working (it modifies a hub variable), but I can't edit/stop/delete it. Attempting to "open" it, I get:

Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

Error: String index out of range: 10

Info:

1. The rule does not show up in the "broken rules" test.
  2. The logs for the rule shows only one line:
    app:11772023-08-08 17:47:00.242errorjava.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 10 on line 10464 (method mainPage)
  3. Rev C-7 running 2.3.5.152 (latest version at this writing)

How can I delete this rule I can't open?

Thanks in advance,
M.

Use the gear icon next to the app in your Apps list to get to the app status page, then delete it from there.

4 Likes

Wow. So easy.

I never even once hovered over those. Being on the left side and being light-on-dark-on-light, I never recognized that icon as a gear -- I thought it was just like a flowery paragraph bullet or design element. LOL.
Thanks for the super quick and accurate answer!

2 Likes