Corrupted Database recurring

I have had a message that there is a corrupt database for two days in a row. I did a soft reset yesterday and restored my hub. Today, I received the same message suggesting a soft reset. Is there a way to find out what is causing the corruption? I have not unplugged the hub. I have added Sonos speakers today but not yesterday. I have a Rev C7 hub. Thanks.

Contact support@hubitat.com

Are there any error messages in the logs? Can you capture & paste a screenshot?

Also tagging @gopher.ny

The best way to troubleshoot something like this is to screen your Logs for errors immediately after performing a Soft Reset, to make sure that whatever corrupted your database in the first place is not overloading your hub again.

1 Like

I have attempted to reboot the hub but it is in terminal reboot mode now. For about ten minutes.

OK so soft reboot-restore and then immediately look at the logs. I'll give that a try. Thanks for your help.

If you don't see anything in logs that catches your attention, send us an email at support@hubitat.com so we can further investigate.

1 Like

I have done three soft resets going back two weeks in the data archives and each time I receive the same corrupted data base message. Should I keep going back further in time or is it time to try something else?

I see the hub is up and running. Grabbed the logs, will try to make sense of them.

3 Likes

I've had the same issue since the last firmware update. I can no longer perform a reboot without performing a soft reset and restore. I've done this 3 times in a row now. Works perfectly fine apart from the reboot issue.

This may seem irrelevant, but could you please try to shut down/power cycle instead of reboot next time? Trying to find a pattern here.

2 Likes

....as in Shut Down from Settings and when the LED on the hub turns red, unplug the power from the wall outlet for 30 seconds before plugging it back :slight_smile:

4 Likes