Finished my conversion from Smartthings today. I did a limited test with about 6 things (bulbs, sensors, and lock), Once I had all items up and running running as desired I ran for about 3 weeks with those in parallel with my Smartthings. I set up duplicate rules so that as I converted I only needed to add the new devices into the HE rule. I am very pleased with how much easier overall it is to get things to include with the HE hub, So far the apps Im using, Rule Machine, Hubitat Simple Lighting, Life360 Connector, Dashboard and Alexa skill all work very well , especially considering im a relative novice and amd still figure out some of the more complex applications. My observations so far:
- GE Link Bulbs have a tendency to become non responsive.
- Sengled bulbs seem to be a bit trickier to pair. I had 3 of them and all of them gave me a little trouble to get to include in HE, but I did eventually get them all to include.
- only once have i had an instance where the front door lock didn't trigger as intended . I may try putting a zwave repeater in that room , but i'm not too concerned. Im think of just adding a second rule as a fail safe maybe 10 minutes later.
4, My Cree bulbs include easily and have been very stable, very reliable. Over time I will probably look to replace the GE and sengeled's with a zwave bulb., but i'm not in any big rush to do so.
Next steps will be to add window open / close and glass break sensors to all ground floor windows and doors. Add open / close sensors to second floor windows. Add some motion sensors and motion lighting rules. When Innovelli gets switches back in stock start swapping out "dub" switches for Innoveli switches.