Controlling Rachio with an Iot Button - Dog issue

Hi Braintrust! I'm relatively new here, and trying to figure out how to do this.

The Story - we have a neighbor who's got a dog that agitates one of my dogs. My dog gets laser focused on barking at that other dog, and won't stop by call. (Yeah, I'm working on that) - so my wife's solution is to turn the sprinklers on in the yard via Rachio for a 3 minute 'quick run', and this makes the dog return to our porch.

The problem - She doesn't always have her phone on her.
I've got some Flic buttons, and have been trying to get that to work. Yes, I know Flic doesn't appear to be natively supported in HE, but I'm tinkering with IFTTT here - What I can't seem to get to work is turning on a zone via HE. I see all the info on the zones, the controller, etc. but I can't seem to get it to execute turning on/off.

So my question here -

1. Am I on the right track? Is there another way to get a Flic to work like this? Is there another relatively inexpensive option?

2. What's the trick to get a zone to fire correctly via HE in Rachio? I've tried the on, off, Start Zone, Etc. - but can't seem to get it.

Appreciate any help

Hi!

On your first question - yes, doing this through IFTTT using a virtual switch or button will work, but only when IFTTT is up and running and the internet connection works. :slight_smile:

There are a few button options with Hubitat. If you have a Lutron integration, the Lutron 5-button controller would work quite well. Another option would be to get an Inovelli switch and setup one of the buttons (Config button, double-click, etc.) to control the Rachio.

Someone else will need to answer the Rachio question… I purchased on this summer, but didn’t set it up yet, so not sure how to make it work in Hubitat yet…

There should be a switch for each zone that you can turn on/off to run the sprinkler.

I get that. :slight_smile: But none of the buttons seem to turn on a zone... wondering if the integration has broken or something? I know Rachio's API is "unofficial"

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.