Controlling Kevo Convert with a Keypad

It doesn't let me post links...

It will if you go through the little tutorial on from "chatbot". :slight_smile:

1 Like

The problem is your trigger is incorrect. You have to select the names belonging to the codes that you want to trigger the rule or "ANY". This is what you should see when defining the trigger:

This only works with security keypads, as they have codes. If you're trying to do this with a z-wave button controller, that is a different function.

I will give it a shot again, I'm sure I tried that in the past as well. I'm using the xfinity keypad so hopefully it will work. Will report back, thanks!

You have to have a code defined in the driver for it to work.

You mean assign a code to the keypad?

Yes...within the driver.

Ok, I do show a code that I added under the Current States section of the keypad info, code is called Keypad, that's why it shows as the code entered in the rule. Will test again

Well, it still doesn't seem to do anything. The keypad beeps confirming the code entered is correct but doesn't run the action. If I just click Run Action from the rule menu, it does do what it's supposed to, so must be something with the trigger still?

Is the keypad armed first? You can't just enter a code in the keypad and get it to be recognized by HE. It doesn't work that way. You have to perform a function of the keypad. So, arm the keypad first, then disarm it by entering your code.

Also, if you just incorporated your keypad and lock in HSM, this would be SOOOOOO much easier.

Went ahead and added new images to the album linked above with the keypad listing the code and the new rule set to accept any keypad code. (I still can't add images despite completing the tutorial. Couldn't even add an image for the tutorial part)

Let me check

So disarming did unlock the lock now. But what would be the steps for doing this in HSM?

Would it be just setting a rule so that when HSM is armed/disarmed it locks/unlocks the lock?

If your kepad was tied into HSM, the state of the keypad would change automatically. The rule could then be triggered off of HSM disarming via the keypad rather than off the lock code entered. Because, independently, you will have to have a rule to arm the keypad at some point so that you can disarm it to unlock the lock.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.