Control Zigbee bulb with Lutron Lamp Dimmer

I think this is a basic request and I am trying to learn the the automation in Hubitat. I have the Lutron SmartBridge Pro and dimmers throughout my house along with a few Lutron Lamp dimmers. I have a lamp dimmer in my office/guest room With a Pico remote mounted on the wall to control those lamps. I also have a zigbee Osram bulb that I just paired to the hub. I would like the bulb state to track with the Lutron plug in lamp dimmer. Will likely use a Pico later but I have guests coming tomorrow and I am looking to quickly control that bulb with the dimmer/pico so that they can turn it on/off. Can someone help me with a config?

Thanks!

Yup. You can do this. Basically, you want to create a trigger rule in RM. The trigger will be Dimmer 1 does not equal (!=) Dimmer 2. For the action, you want to use the Set Dimmer in actions, and click on the Track Event Level item.

Thanks. I think I followed your instructions as shown below but the zigbee light is staying on and not tracking with the other lights/dimmer.

Not tracking at all or not turning off with the other dimmer? To track on/off states, you'll need a second rule (triggered rule in this case) for that. The trigger would be when the Bunker Nightstand Lights are on (true condition) turn on the Bunker light. When they are off (false condition), turn off the Bunker light.

(Sorry, I didn't see if you wanted the light to turn on or off as well... Duh moment on my part).

If the dimmer tracking isn't working, make sure to check the logs and see if it isn't firing.

Ok, I can't even seem to get a rule working that turns the light on if the dimmer is on and off it not, forgetting the dimmer level. I may just have to disable the lamp for the time being so that it doesn't confuse/stay on for the guests.

The bulb is not in the same lamp that the lamp module is controlling, correct? Because you can't dim a zigbee bulb that way. A zigbee bulb needs constant power 24/7.

If you don't want to use RM, there's an app for that:

I did not use the lamp module to control the lamp with the zigbee bulb in it. That lamp plugs directly into the wall. My goal was to try to sync/match off/on and dimmer level state between the lamp module and the zigbee bulb so that the Pico remote which controls the lamp module would effectively be controlling the zigbee bulb as well. I am aware that the Picos can be setup to control all sorts of things but I am new to hubitat and was working to mostly just get devices into the platform and had not had time to learn the automation yet.

Thanks. I will look at this when the house guests leave. I ran out of time and had to put a dumb bulb in the lamp so they can manually switch it off/on on the inline cord switch.

Just wait 'till your guests find out they only got a dumb bulb. Word may get around and you may never get guests again. :wink:

1 Like

This is adding a level of complexity that would probably be more difficult than getting the pico connected to HE.

Agreed and I plan to start working on the Pico's this weekend.

1 Like

You're going to love em! Warning though, they can be addictive. The first time you see them on sale on Amazon resist the temptation to buy 40 of them. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have Lutron dimmers throughout the house and I use some Picos for 3 way switches. I also have a few extras. I am really looking forward to opening up what they can do.

1 Like