Control-R Rinnai Water Heater controls

I've seen a few older posts about integrating the Control-R module/app into Hubitat but I don't see any recent requests or updates.

I have one of these water heaters in an AIRBNB and Alexa works great to control it. I would like to automate the new one in our primary house using switches where I could double tap a smart switch or something instead of using Alexa.

Anything new on integrating this into Hubitat easily?

I’ve been eyeing a Rinnai tankless water heater for a while, but haven’t seen much in the way of recent posts here about integrating with Rinnai’s Control-R module.

This thread might be as up to date as things have gotten. I get the impression Rinnai have not made it easy to integrate with most outside systems like Hubitat.

1 Like

Nothing new that I have found. The integration offered by Rinnai and SmartThings was useless.

Here is a more recent post on the ST community about integrating it with the ST platform. Used the same type of integration that I implemented 5 years ago using a dry contact relay to “push” the recirculate button.

1 Like

Well if Alexa works to control it then you could use Echo speaks to control it through HE. It would not be local, but anything you can say to Alexa you can also say to it through HE using Alexa speaks.