Control multiple electric heaters with one zigbee Sinope thermostat?

Can I use a single zigbee Sinope TH1123ZB-G2 thermostat & zigbee relays to control multiple in-wall 120V electric heaters?

I'm wondering if I can connect one Sinope thermostat to a single heater and then use simple rules to turn zigbee relays on and off to run additional heaters. So the rule would just reference the setpoint of the Sinope thermostat, and then tell each relay when to turn power on and off for each heater.

I'm thinking 120V 1000W or 1500W heaters like Cadet or Broan.

Sounds doable...With heaters I wouldn't use zigbee outlets though. I would use zen-15's because they handle appliance loads better. I see electric heaters blowing breakers all the time so I think that might be a better option outlet wise.

Thanks. I am already using a couple of hard-wired heaters in individual bedrooms, each controlled by a Sinope thermostat. But now I want to put 2 or 3 similar heaters in the big open living space, but control all of them with just 1 thermostat.

I was actually more thinking of using something like this, which I could add into the wall enclosure of the heater, or into an adjacent in-wall junction box. But I have zero experience with these relays so I don't know if this is an appropriate application or not:

Zigbee WiFi Mini Smart Switch Relay Module 2 Way Dual-Mode Control 16A Switch for Smart Home Automation, Compatible with Alexa Google Home: Amazon.com: Tools & Home Improvement

You can do that with zigbee/zwave outlets but as I said, you want the zen-15. Thermostat gets to certain temp, turn on outlets...

I wasn't aware of the zen15 which looks like the way to go for higher amperage plug-in devices. That will probably come in handy at some point.

However, right now I am looking for a solution to make a hard-wired dumb heater smart. This is a heater that is installed into the wall cavity and hard-wired with Romex. So I need some kind of relay control that can be spliced in-line either inside an electrical junction box or inside the heater's enclosure.

You could probably go with the relay then. I was thinking these were plugged in...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.