Continuous Zigbee disconnection , Bad News

After many try and a reboot now it work and i can reconnect my device... :angry:

Today again
the outlet is disconnected...
No way i cant reconnect it, discover device can't find nothing...
I have this outlet is an year and now what happen?
Fortunatelly i have the HUE, there is working perfectly...
I'm really angry for this kind of issues.
I hope someone can help me.

Factory reset the device. At this point do you have any bulbs connected to hubitat? Are you using any ikea stuff?

1 Like

I have moved all the bulb possibile on the hue .
The only Ikea stuff are the repeaters
I can understand that someting fall , but not be alle ti reconnect is strange.

I'd look at the ikea stuff. They don't use a proper zigbee protocol and can fall off from what I remember. They kinda run their own version not certified by the zigbee alliance. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.

The Ikea Trådfri repeater is a certified Zigbee 3.0 product, as is the entire line as far as I know (see: https://zigbeealliance.org/zigbee_products/tradfri-signal-repeater/). What makes them odd is that some of their products, their sensors and bulbs in particular, do things in non-conventional ways--e.g., their motion sensors are meant to do group broadcasting directly to the bulbs/network (Hubitat's current Zigbee implementation can't handle inbound group broadcasts, so this isn't useful for the hub), and at least their first RGBW bulbs I tried (not sure if recent updates changed anything) only worked with XY color, not hue/saturation (like Hubitat uses) or CT (despite the fact that their bulbs can do CT; Hubitat also can, and it's a lot easier to work with for, well, CT).

But I haven't heard of any network stability/dropping issues caused by any of the products. Still wouldn't recommend most of the bulbs, though mostly for other reasons. :slight_smile: (I'm also still hesitant on Zigbee bulbs in general, even though many people claim--and I'm not saying they're wrong, just that I don't think this has been verified by someone with a Zigbee sniffer and a bit of time--that newer ones like these are fine.)

2 Likes

The only downside to the repeaters is quite low power, so the LQI isn't that great. It can be improved by adding standard wifi antennas (I've done that for a few but is not for the non technical and the improvements are modest). I hear that the plugs are better but I don't have any to confirm this.

Been running both hue and ikea bulbs via a hue bridge for nearly 2 years, with less issues than my HE hub! I think I've only ever had to reboot the hub probably twice.

On a purely anecdotal basis my belief is the ikea bulbs aren't particularly good repeaters in a hue mesh so if the mesh needs strengthening you probably need to insert more hue bulbs. I had an ikea bulb in one 'in between' spot and the bulb after that would go unreachable in the app quite often. When I swapped it out for a hue bulb the signal issues completely went away. So ikea bulbs work great as bulbs but you still need hue devices to strengthen the mesh. However the great upside to ikea bulbs is that they are cheap and go to 1000lm. No other zigbee bulb at this price point can go that bright.

1 Like

This kind of plug it was stable for more than a year.
When i open the http://10.10.0.20/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo normally o see this plug be a node/bridge for many other devices.
I can't undestand how it become unstable, and i don't want factory reset them.
I don't have ikea device and i have only 2 lamps on HE.
I don't know maybe the HE firmware is unstable or have some bugs.

I shot all my cartridges
i don't know what else to do

If they are always disconnecting then you have nothing to lose by resetting them? Also you might also try deleting the plug from HE and set them up like a new device, instead of re-pairing them.

1 Like

I have deleted and tryed to connect as a new one, the result was the same.
I dont know what is the resetting procedure for this plug i check in google.
Thanks for the suggestion.

which driver are you using? Also maybe you can do a soft reset of the hub Soft Reset - Hubitat Documentation and restore a backup from before the issues started.

1 Like

The only reset procedure i found is to keep pushed the button for 10s , so i have did it 100 times

Generic zigbee outlet

I will try the soft reset during the weekend

Try this? Ledvance smart+ plug, model 4058075208322?

Nue ZigBee switch
ill try
Thanks
But the problem is always find it, at the moment i cant find the device using "Discover Device"

What Is the correct driver for It?

For the repeater, you can use the stock Ikea Zigbee repeater driver.

For the Contact sensor, you can use the following:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.