Continuing the discussion from [[PORT] LG Smart TV Discovery 2012+]

Continuing the discussion from [PORT] LG Smart TV Discovery 2012+:

I tried the driver tonight and I am running into a major issue. The LG TV was discovered and an LG WebOS TV device was created as well as an LG WebOS mouse. I was trying to use the basic rules to turn the TV light strip on when the TV is switched on and to turn off the TV light strip when the TV is switched off.

The rules seemed to be working fine when the TV is switched on but when I turned the TV off, the light strip was turned off and few seconds later turned back on and sequence kept repeating every few seconds. At the same time I received an alert from HE that a device is generating too many events. It was the LG WebOS TV. When the TV is off, the event log shows that few times a second it shows that the TV is on then the TV is off. The Websocket is on and the websocket is off. There clearly is an issue on this TV when using websockets to determine if the TV is off or on.

My TV is LGOLED65C7P 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV (2017 Model)

Is anyone else had this issue? If so, how was it resolved? Any suggestions? Is there something I need to configure on my TV? Or should I just give up on automating anything based on this TV?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.