Contact sensor with temperature? Suggestions?

You may have success in changing the driver (on a temporary basis only) to the generic Zigbbe reporting configuration that was done by @kkossev (Thank you,, again!)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kkossev/hubitat-ZigbeeReportingConfiguration/main/Zigbee%20Reporting%20Configuration.groovy
At that point in time, you can set the reporting frequency and characteristics, and then change back to the original driver.
Please note:

1. always hit the config button after changing drivers
  2. as Mike Maxwell has reported: just because you tell a device to report at a certain frequency, doesn't mean that the device "listens". Some do, and some do not.

I tried but so far no joy. Let me be sure I understood and did the right thing:

1. Installed the driver (imported from URL and saved).
  2. Went to the sensor in question and changed the driver to ā€œZigbee Reporting Configurationā€ and saved.
  3. There is no configure button here so I changed the temp settings to 10,900,25.
  4. Tried Send Configuration Now. Second time tried the ā€œWhen Activeā€ option and then opened and closed it.
  5. Got ā€œreceived Temperature Configuration command response status:00ā€ message back.
  6. Changed Driver back to Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor.
  7. Clicked configure.
  8. Waited.

So far, Iā€™ve gotten no temp updates in well over an hour so Iā€™m assuming it didnā€™t work but hoping maybe I did something incorrectly.

Well, it looks like you did everything correctly.
As stated, it could very well be a sensor that just doesn't listen to the reporting configuration that it has been sent.

@street9009, please post this device's Zigbee model and manufacturer, as seen in the 'Device Details' HE web page section.

Sure thing, @kkossev.

• manufacturer: Universal Electronics Inc
  • model: URC4460BC0-X-R
1 Like

I donā€™t see temperature reporting configurations for this device in ZHA/Z2M code, so probably configuring is not supported. The device may respond with success code to the configuration command, but actually do nothing.

FWIW, the Samsung/Aeotec/Smartthings v5 Multisensor does return temperature on refresh. (or at least mine does.)

My V4s historically have and I have one or two that still do. Others I canā€™t make do it for anything.

Well darn. Got 10 of them that only report temperature variations of 1C and canā€™t make them update any more frequently.

Anyone want them? Theyā€™re basically no use to me.