Constant Red Light, Power Cycling does nothing

Hello,

I have one of the older C-4 model hubs and I guess sometime last night after midnight (it turned my hue lights off at the correct time) my hub must have become unresponsive. I noticed today when I went to go into the GUI but could not access it. This has happened a couple times since I have had the device in the almost 2 years I have owned it. But this time it's not coming back online when I power cycle the device. It just goes back to the solid red light and stays there.

I have emailed support with my MAC address but since they are not going to respond until tomorrow at the earliest I figured I would ask the community here. I hope the hub isn't dead but we shall see.

Does it respond at hub-ip:8081? If not, it's toast.

It's working now. I just had to leave it unplugged it seems for a while longer than 30 seconds.

But while I have this thread open can you point me to a comparison thread or tell me the differences between the C-4, C-5 and C-7 hubs? I don't know if there was a C-6 hub. Just curious in case I need a new one in the future.

I know the C-4 hub doesn't have all the features the new ones do but you gotta admit being able to repurpose the Z wave usb dongle is pretty nice in the event that the hub actually does die in the future.

C-6 is a special purpose Zigbee-only hub not released to the public,

C-4, C-5 and C-7 all have the same CPU, RAM and flash, although with slightly different clock speeds. C-4 has a different underlying Linux build, and different specific hardware for ethernet and USB.

C-4 and C-5 use the same Z-Wave stack, although with external and internal radios respectively, both 500 series Z-Wave radio. C-7 has internal 700 series Z-Wave radio and a new Z-Wave stack. All three hubs have the same Zigbee stack.

Thanks for that info. Also just a brief note but even though my hub is working again the led on the front is still solid red. I thought that meant it was shutdown? But whatever I'm glad it's working regardless.

Also I have been reading some threads about the C-7 and while the transition from the C-4 to the C-7 will have to be manually done for each device is the transition process in the future from let's say a C-7 to whatever comes later going to be automated or will it still be necessary to manually transition?

Thanks for the info.

It will always be necessary to manually transition from C-4 to a different model hub.

Yes I understand that but I was curious about if I'm on a C-7 will the transition to newer devices in the future be automated?

Depends on unknowns.

1 Like

Ok well atleast I saw where you mentioned that if you are on the C-5 or C-7 you can backup and restore so that's better. But thanks for the info.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Download the Hubitat app