Connection to Habitat C-8 Slow

Most of the time, the connection from my iPhone or iPad to the hub is quite slow, up to a minute. At times, it's so long it appears to hang. At other times, it's pretty fast. There doesn't appear to be a reason for this variation. I do have Hub Protect and Hub Remote.

The Hub is hardwired to the router.

Are there any suggestions to improve the connectivity to the Hub?

What router/switch are you using? There have been issues with some models from certain brands where setting the speed to fixed 100 in Settings > Network Setup (rather than using default autonegotiation) works around the problem. This might be your problem, too.

1 Like

Are you using the Hubitat Mobile App as your primary means to connect to the hub?

If so, what happens if you use a traditional computer, and use the Chrome or Edge web browser to connect to your hub?

Just trying to determine if the hub’s connection is the issue, or your iPhone/iPad/Wi-Fi might be the issue.

The current router is a Deco XE75 Deco AXE5400 Tri-Band WiFi 6E router. It has happened with other routers, including a Google mesh router.

Although the iPhone and iPad are the primary connections to the hub. It's mostly to manually turn off lights that failed to turn off at night. The computer exhibits the same issues but less frequently.

This problem is affecting a lot of users, my router is a Netgear Orbi that always worked very well with Hubitat - before with a C7, now with a C8. I didn't change any parameter at the network configuration, but the hub access is now virtually impossible, onde I can't wait minutes for a simple page load...