Confession!

Just compare the HA expenditures to what she spends on makeup. (then duck)

Of course you first automate the dog house....

Hi Dave/ I can't recall what it was called but I originally had a Heathkit with a hexadecimal keypad for programming in machine language and no data storage. Power off, program gone! I think my next one was a RS Color Computer with a 6809. With this computer I bought my first floppy drive which was 5.25" SSSD storing 180k and at a cost of $600! Followed by too many CP/M machines and finally MSDOS which came on an IBM PC from a Sears Business Store.....had to get on a waiting list. Things have sure changed over the years.

lol Now we can officially announce the first "Home Automation Anonymous group". I think we most likely will help each other diving deep into it more than curing it.

1 Like

@istyle180 But will the HAA chips be ZigBee or Zwave … release the hounds to debate this ad nauseum! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In 1970, I had a Wang programmable calculator. Was a great improvement over trips to the computer center with decks of Fortran cards. Our current cell phones far exceed the processing power of the original moon launches and also the Space shuttle - as well as that computer center.

2 Likes

We appear to have more than a few old guys on here .

5 Likes

And what's funny about that is if we ask our kids what Zigbee is they have no idea....

1 Like

I have not been the same since mom got me the Commodore 64. Once I made that ball bounce across the screen, HAA was inevitable.

You kids! I was "computing" using an ASR-33 Teletype with an acoustic coupler to dial into a time-sharing service (Dialcom). Local storage was 8 level punched paper tape.

1 Like

@Eric.C.Miller you win. And I thought my Timex Sinclair was old school.... I still have my Atari 800 though. Kinda want to plug that thing in now.

I'm not even close. We have some serious geezers here on this forum. It is fun reminiscing about the ancient technology we used.

2 Likes

My first close encounter of the third kind was with my father's Vax system at his work. The virus is still inside me :slight_smile:

Hey, Dave:

thx1138

So true. I have not heard most of these.

I have this strong urge to log onto Amazon right now. bye. Logging onto Amazon.

The Unofficial Light Sabre device driver and application. It has preferences for classic or modern blade as well as support to the dual-bladed system. I also have a driver to control the Star Trek transporter.

2 Likes