Conditional rule Using ZEN32 Switch / Scene controller

Newbie here.

Just trying to set up a rule based on one of the four scene buttons on a ZEN32 switch. I use these throughout the home as an on/off switch for a lighting load but then the extra 4 scene buttons to trigger location specific rules.

I want to write a rule that triggers on either a single or double tap of the particular scene button (# 2) and then do one action if it is single tapped and another if double tapped. This avoids writing two separate rules one with single tap trigger and the other with double tap trigger.

I have the trigger section working properly to trigger on either condition (OR) and it works fine. My problem is writing the condition. I can't seem to be able to parse the scene button press in conditions as I can in trigger. If I select switch in the conditions and use the scene controller switch in question (MBR Table Lamps) it only lets me write the condition around the switch for the load (the large on/off button) it doesn't seem to offer the option to set the condition on one of the other four scene control buttons (which are readily available in the trigger section of the rule).

Just wondering if I am doing something silly here or if you can't parse scene buttons in the conditions section of a rule? The later seemingly unlikely and more a knowledge gap on my part.

Any help appreciated.

Take a look at the Button Controller App, or maybe Basic Button Controller, as see it that will work for you.

1 Like

Yes that works and is a cleaner way to do what I need. Thanks!

1 Like

Its actually a lot easier to just make two rules in this case, but as suggested already Button Controller app gives you the power of RM with a very clean UI to use with button devices.

I does create a new "rule" for every button, but it organizes in nicely.

Here is my ZEN32 :slight_smile:, I forget if the community driver supports the doubleTapped event, I may have added that myself so BC could look cleaner. I have a fork of the driver on my gitHub.