Completing virtual keypad install

I have installed and configured a virtual keypad by mbarone except I have not figured out how to disarm my alarm with requiring a code:

Can anyone explain how to disarm the alarm with a code?

Note: I have wired a solenoid valve to turn off our water when we arm the alarm and leave to eliminate the possibility of a water leak while we are gone. (unless the washing machine is running). That's why I have H2O on/off buttons. I also have TUYA water leak detectors scattered around the house which will shut off the water through Hubitat if a leak is detected.

Thanks

Thank you for your response. I read the section you noted which says: "Did you setup key codes directly in the keypad device? If the command is not specified in the 'does not require code' setting, you need to enter a code first, then press the command. When you press the command button, it will check your input code against any you saved in the keypad device."

I have no idea how to do this.

Thanks to your last comment, I found the Keyboard Manager child: Keypad - Main where I was able to change some settings. But I then don't know how to set the code for the Keypad - Main Custom Disarm button. In the Keypad - Main app, it states: "Set lock codes in the keypad device or using an app like Lock Code Manager." I installed the Lock Code Manager and tried inputting the code in it but that did nothing. What do I do next. A step by step guide would be great.

Ok, I found where to set the codes: in Devices: Keyboard Main. I set a code but my disarm button still does not work.

I got the answer. It is here: [RELEASE] Virtual Keypad - #321 by nelsonh

1 Like