Community FAQ?

All,
over the last few weeks I realized that it is very common that the same questions get asked and answered over and over again. Would it make sense to start a community driven FAQ list? A list where we could put answers to the most common questions we see? We could even ask the Hubitat team to make it a sticky post. I have something like this in mind:

FAQ - Hubitat:

Zigbee
  • All my Zigbee devices drop
    There can be several reasons for this. E.g. The majority of zigbee bulbs are very bad repeaters (excluding Sengled) and can cause a real instability of your Zigbee mesh, especially if you use other devices like motion sensors and bulbs on one hub.....
  • Random Zigbee devices drop
    Bla bla bla
Zwave
  • Why do my switches not update when operated manually
    bla bla bla
General
  • My Hub doesn't update
    bla bla bla
  • Can't find my hub on portal.hubitat.com
    bla bla bla
  • How to restore a backup
    bla bla bla
  • How to revert to previous version
    bla bla bla
Rule Machine
  • How to make restrictions in RM4
    bla bla bla
Dashboard
Motion Lighting

Do you think something like this would make sense? I have no problem with taking the first crack at it but would hope that other would like to join the effort of identifying items and creating content.

I am not looking into writing books here, but give users the ability to have a good list of common issues and solutions at a glance.

2 Likes

I think this idea has merit. You could even create it simply as a WiKi Post, so all users would be able to edit it.

Good idea!

I've made a similar suggestion once. Then I was pointed to https://docs.hubitat.com
Isn't that answering all your questions (if one would carefully read all)

If you want additional docs you could register as a editor over there.