[COMING SOON] hubiVue native iOS/Android dashboard app

You don't have to authorized all 300+ devices for MakerAPI. Just select the devices you wanted to use on the dashboard.

1 Like

I think people will need to pick their tools according to their needs. A large number of people will probably find this scales quite well for them

I realize that. .. that is why i said large dashboard.

Ie

Summary

I think it would be awesome if you could have multiple makerApi configs. Like one for one dashbaord and other for other dashboards, or other things

I think @Inge_Jones has theirs set up that way.... Or did I imagine that?

Yes, for JPage's dashboard. For this one it may depend whether you're restricted to one layout per free account. I mean since they are planning to have some pay accounts eventually.

1 Like

I wasn't sure what side the limitation would lie.

Well I have multiple instances of MakerApi - not sure if gikjll meant that or more than one configuration per instance

1 Like

lol, I never even thought of adding another instance! Thats awesome

Certainly possible. Can you outline the reason why this would be worth having? What does it provide that a single Maker API can’t do?

Restricted access to devices on selected dashboards?

3 Likes

hubiVue already does that plus more without having to setup multiple MakerAPI instances.

1 Like

Being able to have weather tiles (not looped gifs) would be a bonus too (kinda like iframe)

1 Like

An advanced weather tile will be coming soon! Initial test beta won't have that unfortunately.

2 Likes

Not sure how this app is designed (perhaps @gslender can share some details), but it is possible (if you have a server endpoint) to use maker API to send events rather than require a mass poll of everything to get status.

2 Likes

This is correct, but where / who owns the server end point? You cannot connect to a tablet or phone (from a socket point of view) to send events, and now you need some other computer / hub device to send data to - of which point, you end up polling that again from a phone/tablet etc. I'm not 100% sure on what the best option would be, as ultimately having no control over the individual device update frequency is part of the problem. A better option would be if Hubitat MakerAPI supported HTTP streaming or server send events. That would have less load on the hub as it would only reply when events occur, and yet still allow remote end points to connect to the hub (as mobile/tablets etc allow) and stream updates as they arrive to the client device.

1 Like

@gslender How are we looking for a release date? :grin:

Beta just started :slight_smile:

I think it will be a week or two away, but join the beta test if you want.

1 Like

@gslender I assume you are aware that https://community.hubivue.com is down?