Color Floodlight

Does anybody know of a colored led floodlight. It's going to be on a street facing front door so not sure if I want motion sensor. I want it to be bright and be nice to change color to make giving someone directions to find my house easy, also so I could use it in HSM to flash. I use a switch on the wall currently so a smart bulb doesn't really work for me.

If nothing exists what is the absolute brightest zigbee bulb you've all found that's A19.

GLEDOPTO has a ZigBee RGBCCT Floodlight that has worked for a good number of years for us, both for Halloween and Christmas. They used to be available on Amazon (where I got mine) but now appear to only be available on AliExpress. Paired with no issues and because it has white LEDs in addition to the RGB it can cover the entire range. The only "disadvantage" is that it comes with bare wires for power so you will have to hardwire it OR add a plug (that is what I did). That can be a plus or minus for some. It was a plus for me because I could put a really long cord on it for ease of positioning.

There's the Philips Hue Discover Outdoor Floodlight. 2300 lumens - so it is very bright. Color and color temperature are both adjustable (i.e. it is RGBCCT).

Of course you can't get it in the US anymore. Why are all of the interesting zigbee stuff unavailable in the US. Aliexpress concerns me, so many horror stories.

Slightly off topic but do you know if GLEDOPTO devices generally work with Hubitat? I'm assuming it's Tuya.

That looks perfect, but I'm understanding why Paul Hibbert can't say Phillips Hue without gagging. Their pricing is rediculious.

1 Like

Same as a lot of the interesting z-wave stuff unavailable in the UK :slight_smile:

Funnily enough, I know plenty of people who can’t say Paul Hibbert without gagging :joy:

In any event, if the market didn’t bear that price, Philips would have priced it differently.

1 Like

GLEDOPTO is NOT a Tuya thing (at least not that I have ever found). They work extremely well (I have 4 different types of devices from them, with a total of 8 devices) in my experience over the last 3 years using them.

1 Like

that's awesome to hear, time to do some unneeded shopping.

I want to do outdoor lighting like this but not sure how to approach (I'm certainly not a designer)

I'm thinking of these lights as well and would love you to buy them first!

Well it looks like @snell is pretty happy with them.

I've been using Sylvania indoor Zigbee flood lights in $5 Home Depot light stakes outside for three years. I thought for sure the water and weather would ruin them, but they're still going strong. Outdoor lighting options were (and are still) pretty limited, so I took a chance with using the indoor flood outside. Four packs used to be ridiculously cheap, but I don't see them anymore. You can also get an extension cord with plugs along the length and just hide it in your landscaping. Works for me!

Not quite flood lights... but Sylvania has (had?) what are called "Gardenspots". They are a ZigBee controller that connects to a string of 9 RGB LEDs and they can be expanded by connecting additional strings to the end. I have purchased 12 sets over time, but only have 4 constantly connected as accent lights for the house, with a combined 7 strings of LEDs. I typically only use 2-4 additional sets for Halloween (with the rest of the strings expanding them though).

They have held up extremely well with only 1 power supply failure and 1 dead LED (the rest of that string still works, even the one after it).

Unfortunately I have never tried Hue lighting... The price has always put me off.

OK @rlithgow1 looks like testing the Hue lights may be up to us!