Color Cycling Light - Cancelable

So I'm still fairly new to the system and I need some professional help on a rule.

Basically what I'm trying to do is, when I open a door and it's dark outside, I want to change the light color every 6 seconds (bonus points if it can just fade through the color wheel). And then flash the light a half hour later, then make it red for a few minutes, then turn itself off a few minutes later again. The issue I'm having is that I want to be able to cancel it. I created a variable and a virtual switch for this, but I'm still struggling with the logic of it as it won't cancel when I hit the real switch to turn it off. Any help at all would be appreciated!

Thanks!

1 Like

@orangy718 @kahn-hubitat is redoing his Garden Hue app which I think this would be ideally suited for. Create a virtual switch activated by the contact sensor on your door. That switch activates garden hue which will cycle through the colors. He's adding seconds and fade to it so I think it would be good.. (My own use for it is for our lamp post to cycle specific holiday colors)

1 Like

Here is what you want. @kahn-hubitat got it settled and it does exactly what you want it to do. In your case turn all color switches on.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lgkahn/hubitat/master/gardenhue.groovey

1 Like

Awesome. I'll give that an install and play around with it. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.