Collaboration on Developing a Hunter Hyrdrawise Irrigation App/Driver

Yeah, it was something goofy with my hub. After the reboot everything updated without issue. Sorry for the false alarm.

1 Like

@tomw first off, thanks for your work, this seems to work great.

I'd love to be able to log a open/close variable for each Zone, using the InfluxDB logger ; when I look at a zone, I see a lot of variables that are about scheduling but not state (open/close). Would that be possible? Maybe it needs to be a standard device type (valve?) to do this?

I also noticed that the software seems to overwrite customization of the Device Label. Should it overwrite Device Name instead (which seems to be an ID right now)? Incidentally, one of the state variable is the customized name (Backyard Drip for example), could you use that to set the Device Name (but allow for customization)? Incidentally, I think that when the name is overwritten, the debug is set to on again (or maybe it's part of the zones being regularly overwritten?)

capability "Valve" is there, but it looks like we're not setting its valve attribute state often enough. Neither @JustinL nor I have a Hydrawise system anymore, but I'll bet we could figure out how to put in the attribute handling if you could help out with a debug print of the Zone device doing a refresh().

I'm not sure what issue you're running into with the device label. The only place I can see that happening is on the Controller device, where a configure() causes the child Zone devices to be created with labels like "Zone 1" and names that are some sort of relay_id. Is that what you're referring to? What operations are you executing when you see either of those values being overwritten?

@tomw @JustinL Yall mentioned a few times you moved on from the hydrawise, can I ask what you switched to? My irrigation contractor prefers the hydrawise because they can monitor it themselves, but i have a rachio 3 sitting here that I haven't installed yet so trying to decide if I should do the hydrawise or just roll with the rachio for half the price

Rachio. It's been great.

Thank you sir. I figured as much. It looks like the hubitat integration with it is pretty awesome, and at half the price I cant figure out why I would want a hydrawise other than the fact it has zone failure detection, which I'm pretty sure the rachio does, too

Basically I can't find a reason why the hunter is any better

Same for me.

Cheers guys, appreciate the quick follow up

1 Like

@tomw @JustinL . If I may, I just got the Hydrawise WIFI module, and installed your Hydrawise drivers , and they worked well, but I might have noticed a few things that seems to need to change. I made the changes in my loaded version of your code and I think they work fine.
The change is in parse_statusschedule(resp) function of Zone driver ( to keep iterating until the necessary zone is found)
for (relay in resp.relays)
{
if (relay.relay_id.toString() == relay_id)
{
updateRelayState(relay)
return
}

• else {
  • logDebug("${relay_id} not found")
  • return
    -}
    }
    • logDebug("${relay_id} not found")

A change in updateRelayState(relay) of Zone driver :
instead of if (device.currentValue('valve') == "close") or if (device.currentValue('valve') == "open")
if (device.currentValue('valve') != "open") if (device.currentValue('valve') != "close")
Because the device.currentValue('valve') value does not seem to be initialized so the driver never gets to send open/close events and never sets "valve" status value.
Also , I changed close value to "closed" , that seems to be expected by Valve.
And in Controller driver , configure functions , I added deleteChildren() call before re-creating children (Zones) again.
unschedule()

• deleteChildren()
    state.clear()
    refresh()
    //create all zone devices
    createChildren()

Would you agree with those changes ?

Would you please submit them as a pull request on Github so that we can review? FYI @JustinL

Submitted

1 Like

I merged your reliability improvements for parse_statusschedule and updateRelayState in and updated the version to 1.0.4. Thanks for that contribution!

I have some questions about your other two PRs that I'll contact you via PM to discuss.

1 Like

Is anybody still maintaining this code?

Why do you ask?