[Code Freeze] NHL Game Day Live - Follow your favorite teams Game Day Live

This app is working so well that I aLMosT gOt tiRed of hearing that goal horn after the seventh goal!

All kidding aside @bptworld, I'm seriously appreciative of the work you put into this, Thank you.

Here is a "bug" I notice, which may have more to do with the current situation of the NHL "bubbles" than with GDL but I'll bring it to your attention anyway.
It appears that the attributes "awayTeam" and "homeTeam" are switched. All the other attributes are correct.
Im working on creating mini scoreboards for multiple games. It would be nice to be able to have awayTeam and awayScores on the same lines instead of having to swap tiles around. This is strictly an OCD type of thing for me and totally understand if this is something you don't have control over.

Sorry for the brutal reminder of tonights game, not their best effort by far.

New version on GitHub...

New version on GitHub...

New version on GitHub...

New version on GitHub...

08/27/20 - Lots of little changes

:wink:

New version on GitHub...

08/28/20 - Fixed a scoring typo

Loving this app. Thanks to the Delay of streaming media, I get notified of a goal 5-10 seconds before they hit on my TV. I'll never miss a goal, plus my wife and kids run into the room and dance to the goal music with me!

Pro Tip: In this case bulb-popcorning is cool, instead of flashing my lights as a group I use a repeat to cycle from Blue to Silver on the individual bulbs. Having them all randomly flashing out of sync is more like a PARTY!

Pro Tip #2: You can download your team goal celebration here: http://www.wejustscored.com/
They even have the goal celebration for the Hartford Whaler's :whale: :heart: NHL

1 Like

@bptworld, my family and I are loving this app, and my sincere-ish condolences on your season ending the way it did. Though nothing feels worse then being the #1 seed and being swept by the 8th seed in the first round, but that was last season and this is sports so there's always next year right? Anyways, for some reason my goal horn is triggered at the beginning of each game. Is there a setting I'm missing that causes this? I'll collect logs on the next game should you need them. Thanks again for putting in the hours for this integration.

They're still playing Hockey!? :man_shrugging: :wink:

That's exactly what I would need.

Thanks

Yeah, just some obscure teams playing in Alberta.

Grr, I keep forgetting to turn on logging. But I have made a new observation. The game start horn blast only occurs when my team is considered the home team. When we're in our visiting white uniforms we have a quiet start.

Like you said, I would need a log.

I know, I know. I missed the opening a few nights ago, and just plain forgot to turn on logging Tuesday. But not tonight. Here's the log, with the Home Team Scores message at the start of each game. That explains why it only triggers on my home games.

Now to try and nail down the goal horn sounding when a goal is overturned upon review. That might take a few games to log.

Thanks for being both patient and supportive.

I don't know if this helps, but here's what it looks like when the away (my team) scores.

Here's a home team (bad guys) scoring one.

Thanks again

Thanks, I'll add it to the list

Caught it.

Hello, I might have missed something along the way here, but I'm trying to get the NHL GDL to work with the Flasher, but I want to flash multiple bulbs at once.

I have 4 philips hue BR30 color bulbs in the ceiling, I'd like them all to flash when my designated team scores, but as far as I can tell, I can only get one to go at a time?

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Steve.

Welcome to Hubitat!

That is correct. The workaround would be to make a group out of them controlled by a virtual switch. Then use the virtual switch in The Flasher Preset.

Thanks @bptworld, I'm semi-ex-smartthings (I have both but am moving to Hubitat for local processing).

I had this going in ST, but the lights wouldn't all flash at the same time, so it was a little random.

I'll see if I can get a group going and try that - thanks for the guidance!

It's almost that time again! The schedules are starting to fill in. Time to update. Of course I haven't been able to test any of the changes until the season starts, so bear with me. (see what I did there!?) Go Bruins. :bear:

1.1.5 - 01/04/21 - Tons of adjustments

Update installed... anything in particular to watch out for? (Aside Sidney Crosby?)

Go Pens!!!

Iā€™m using it with the flasher, is it possible to set an light on/off value less than 1000ms? It feels a bit slow to me

1 Like