[Code Freeze] NHL Game Day Live - Follow your favorite teams Game Day Live

I'm an idiot... Just realized I could isolate the FM logs. Is this better?

1 Like

Much better. The big thing is I don't see anything going wrong. Can you try it with a file that is shorter? Also, look in your log... see the 'http://...', copy that url and pop it into your browser. Does it play? Of course, this will be through your computer and not your speaker but want to see if it is a valid URL.

thanks

edit: one thing I noticed in the your log is that you don't have a Voice setup in FM for High Priority. It doesn't effect this case because you don't have a message (I checked!) but something you might want to do to avoid problems in the future. :wink:

Thanks for the extra tip!

We (you) might be on to something here... The url appears to be valid, however its a 0:00 length audio file with nothing to play.

No luck with a shorter audio file either. Tried a 4 second horn, same result with no audio.

Does that one play in another tab?

Not sure I understand the question. Both files play fine with the direct file url and with the FM test buttons. The generated tts url results in a 0:00 audio file for both files as well.

Does that answer your question?

1 Like

I just uploaded a new version of FM, I don't think it'll fix your issue but make sure you update anyways. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I updated the FM app and hit the test button to see....AND HOLY COW IT ACTUALLY ALL WORKED!

I'll have to test it all out during some live action, but for the first time with the test button, the switch triggered and shut off as it was supposed to, and the sound of the horn and Chelsea Dagger cranked on all of the speakers it was supposed to. I have another intermittent issue with random light or 2 not restoring to the original state, but that seems to be an issue with RM or my configuration, not your app.

Thanks again for all of your help getting this dialed in. It's just as obnoxious as I was hoping for!

Edit to add that the earlier issue I mentioned of some lights incorrectly restoring to cyan is related to RM or light grouping, not the NGD app.

Woo HOO! lol

Glad we got it all sorted out.

(now if the Bruins would actually show up and PLAY an entire 60 minutes, I'd be much happier!)

Well that's a whole different issue... Lol!

Thanks again for all the help. You saved me a lot of time and headaches had I needed to figure it out from scratch myself!

Another idea for a future release...

For the "Also turn on for final," option on the goal switch, rather than having the switch stay on until manually turned off, could we have an option set the switch on time?

Shoot, and maybe a variable for a delay to start the whole sequence? This broadcast profanity delay is lengthy as hell. Everything triggered 30+ seconds before the goal was televised! Worked great though!

New version on GitHub...

1.0.9 - 08/16/20 - Added an option to keep light on at final for a set amount of time (minutes)

lol, now that would be a trick!

New version on GitHub...

1.1.0 - 08/24/20 - Separate options for devices on when Score and/or Final

It appears that the goal notification is not activating my virtual switch. The only notification I have set is turn on switch on goal. It's not happening, any ideas of what I should try?

Logs from the app and driver:

this one shows the score change.

I'd share a complete log to include the virtual switch but it only shows when I manually triggered it.

Good series, Go Lightning! (yeah, awkward)

@michael.l.nelson

I didn't get goal notifications either, for either team. I did get the announcement that the game was starting in 15 minutes. I had set up audio notifications through "follow me" as well as "the flasher" for my lights. Neither worked. I figured I had set it up wrong so I didn't pull any logs and just deleted everything, watched the game, and figured I would try again tomorrow night.

I'll join you! Go Lightning!

1 Like

Hmm, I see there's an update in HPM. I'll set something up for the Vegas game going on and see if it works now. I also should have mentioned that the test button did trigger the switch.

1 Like

And nope, not working still. Vancouver scored and no switch turned on.

Brian, if there's any more logs needed let me know.

Thank you for the app/driver. It's the weird, uniquely American things like Hockey that keeps us going in these hard times. (yeah, that was an intentional troll on our northern brothers that make this sport worth watching)

Ok,crazy times. Vancouver scored and my switch based notification fired. I guess i just needed to do a little trash talking to appease the Hockey-gods. I'll delete my old child app and recreate it.

1 Like

I recreated the Lightning child using switches for goals and wrote a RM rule to execute based on those. It works using the in app testing so will see how it goes tonight.