Cobra Apps

Hi Guys,
Some of you may already know but I had a stroke a couple of months ago
This means that I have to cut back on some of the stuff I used to do.
I have decided to close cobra-apps.co.uk as I no longer really use or develop for Hubitat and have already disabled 'auto-renew' for this and a few other domains

Some of you recently contacted be regarding an error message in the HE logs for a lot of my apps
"Something went wrong: CHECK THE JSON FILE AND IT'S URI " this error is because I have already shut down 'hubitat.uk and hubitat.co.uk' which were the URLs for the update checking that I used in the apps.

This error message should not affect the working of any app - It just can't automatically tell you that there is an update

If you do a search in the code for: "updateCheck()" and remove the first one you find this should stop it trying to check for update. This should stop it sending an error message to your logs.

As I will probably use the server for something else, I intend to close cobra-apps.co.uk soon
It has been a wild ride and I have to thank @Royski for coming along with me and keeping the ship running for so long without me.
I also have to thank @Royski for all the work he has done over the last couple of years as he has coded the website for me and made it so usable for you all

For people who have been using my email driver/service, I'm looking at adapting the system so that you can use a Raspberry Pi local server or similar to be able to send from Hubitat but as this is almost a complete rewrite it will take a while and I am not spending so much time in front of my PC at the moment.

I'll keep the website open for a while so people can still use it until the domain/ssl cert expire
Hubitat email will also be ok until the domain is closed

Andy (Cobra)

27 Likes

Wishing you good health and all the best.
Thanks for your contribution to the Hubitat community over the years.

9 Likes

You have been a major contributor from the start... well at least my start here....

Sad to see you go, but can understand life / health take priority. Can only admire your decision to make a steady transition, allowing people to do the same with your apps / drivers.

Thanks again,
Simon

10 Likes

So sorry to hear that, Andy. Thanks for all your great development work for Hubitat (and thanks to @Royski as well).

Best wishes for a full recovery.

11 Likes

Thanks for all you put into the Hubitat platform. Wishing a speedy recovery.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear that Andy. I wish you a full and speedy recovery!

10 Likes

Oh, no. So sorry to hear that. Wishing you and your family all the best. And know that comebacks are always stronger than fallbacks! Be well, my friend.

11 Likes

All the best mate. Get well!

6 Likes

@Royski any suggestions about possible ways to download a copy of the code for Andy's apps and drivers besides manually copying/pasting each one?

I have several installed on my hub already, but not 100% of them. If it's ok with Andy, I'd prefer to hold onto even the ones I don't have a current use for, in case I find a need in the future (and they obviously won't be available once Andy's server is offline).

Thanks for considering, guys!

6 Likes

Technically, it's possible..
I might provide a link for members... not sure yet as the code will not be open source yet, if at all

@Royski I just need to zip up all the existing groovy files in the various directories and provide a download link

I may just provide the link to selected members via PM
This would be the groovy files only - No instructions as to do this you would need the rest of the website

Andy

6 Likes

Understood, and I wouldn't expect that given the history of what led to you to put your code on your website for logged in members only. But am hopeful, if it's not difficult or otherwise potentially problematic for you both, to consider a solution like the one you've mentioned.

4 Likes

Same as me -- I have had 2 strokes in the past year and the last one really knocked me silly. Lost speech and just now able to type again... BTW I sent you a PM.

Hope you recover 100% -- getting old sucks mate....

10 Likes

Oh man. Andy, sorry to hear of your recent health issue but sending you strength and best wishes.

9 Likes

Sorry to hear about that. Wishing you the best in your recovery.

5 Likes

Wishing you the best in your recovery Andy. Thanks for all your contributions to the Hubitat community. :orange_heart:

4 Likes

Update

The web site in now only insecure on port: 80
I have removed the cert and access to SSL

Andy

5 Likes

All the best Andy, Thank you for your efforts and apps.
2022 has been a *&^% of a year lets hope 2023 is better!
B

4 Likes

Thank you Andy for all that you have contributed to the Hubitat community. It’s great people like you and @Royski who have made this the vibrant community it is. Your contributions have helped me in my journey. I’m wish you well and a speedy recovery :mending_heart:.

7 Likes

Cheers Andy and all the best. Rest up!

3 Likes

Having had two strokes, one misdiagnosed, I understand. I hope your recovery continues and you can avoid future strokes. Thanks for all you have done.

3 Likes