Clean-up possibly unintended consequence

Another that is long term active, both geeky fun and useful for folks wanting to improve or modify their wi-fi network alongside HE.

2 Likes

Fine, have at it, it's open again LOL

3 Likes

I've been doing some playing with Node Red and I've noticed while searching for info, that threads seem to auto-close after 2 months of inactivity.
For future clean-ups, wouldn't this be the way to go? :man_shrugging:
Certainly be less work for you @bobbyD :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It has been set for most categories to auto-close after 1 year of inactivity, however the change cannot be applied retroactively, that's how the clean-up project started.

3 Likes

Does feel like there may be a place for those popular topics about networks of various forms.... Not to say there isn't a place already... Perhaps the more popular ones should, over time, be moved to an appropriate category, either existing or new...

Please unlock

5 Likes

:astonished:

1 Like

Well, you've got a good point, there. Much of the success running Hubitat Elevation comes from well designed network. So there you have it: Local Network - Hubitat

3 Likes

Done!

2 Likes

Another unintended consequence:

When Bobby spends time cleaning up I get the notices and it looks I am being targeted because they are either my threads or threads I have been posting in and it hurts my feelings.

Then I realized I only get notifications on those threads for that reason. Presumably, other people are getting other notifications on their threads.

Or ....

2 Likes

I've found that weird... Others have commented about receiving notifications... but I haven't seen any for my posts that have been closed.... Not complaining.... obviously....

1 Like

Thanks for hanging in there. I am wrapping up the clean up today with a big push, then things will go back to normal. Some users may need to clear hundreds of "unread" notifications.

4 Likes

Not exactly a notification but it shows up flagged as "new" but when I check, the "new" is really

I don't see those as a notification alongside my avatar, in the same way I would see a response or mention on a current topic, like you have just made. if these are tucked away somewhere else that I don't see, doesn't bother me...

Protip: When you see Bobby's picture and a lock symbol on a bunch of posts listed as "suggested topics" with old dates just move on.

1 Like

Same rule applies for your 267 new and unread topics... lol

2 Likes

Can you please unlock

and

I was going to post some updated info in the hopes it would help someone - there is what turned out to be some misleading or misinterpreted info in those threads and it actually works much better than expected with Hubitat...

@bobbyD

Please unlock this one too:
Everything Xbee - https://community.hubitat.com/t/everything-xbee

3 Likes

Done!

1 Like

@bobbyD can you unlock the above items from @calinatl. I would like to hear his feedback. I'd also love to get feedback on all the other topics you closed that were things that I shared with the community and get feedback on:

https://community.hubitat.com/t/home-automation-docker-containers-node-red-hubconnect-homebridge-apache-alexa-cookie