Chromecast integration TTS error: No signature of method: chromecastAudio.speak()

Hi, I have a Google Home Mini (GHM) and HE 2.2.7.126 (rev C-5).

HE managed to find the GHM, but when I tried the Speak option, it keeps throwing the following error:

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: chromecastAudio.speak() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.math.BigDecimal, java.lang.String) values: [test, 30, Emma]
Possible solutions: speak(java.lang.Object), play(), stop(), inspect(), every(), grep() (speak)

The command:

What do you think could have caused this issue?
Ps: I have setup a static IP to the GHM in my router too

Thanks

Update:
I managed to find another setting; its a once-off voice change, but at least I can change the voice.
I went to Settings > Hub Details > Default Text To Speech (TTS) Voice

And the next time I enter the Text, it sounded differently :slight_smile:

Leave the volume and voice blank and try. I've never got the volume and speak to work at the same time, have to set volume independently

1 Like

Thanks!

That resolves the issue.

One more thing, do you know how to capture current volume in GHM? I tried 'capture device' / 'poll devices' but no option to capture its current volume?
Thanks

Never tried

All good, managed to create a RM that captures GHM custom attribute > volume and store its value in the global variable.

So that when it changes, the variable is updated too - so that I can use this variable as a comparison for another RM.