Chromecast Integration - No Longer Discovers

I got Chromecast Integration set up and running a few months ago. I configured Notifications to send a message when a contact sensor was open for longer than 1 minute. I noticed that although I would receive my phone notifications the system stopped broadcasting on my Google Home Hubs.

I went into the Chromecast Integration app and everything seemed OK at first. I clicked to Discover and when I did all the Google units disappeared from the dropdown. I removed the app from Hubitat and reinstalled. Discovery doesn't bring up anything.

I am not sure what else to do at this point. I don't know why it wouldn't recognize any of my Google hubs or chromecasts.

Any suggestions?

What did you change on your network since it was first installed? Move everything to VLAN? Change routers? Install a new Wifi access point? Do your Google Home speakers have static IPs?

Hi Ryan,

I use Google Mesh WiFi (3 total). I've had it even before Hubitat. Around the time it stopped working I replaced a hub with another using the same name. I have them on static IPs and haven't setup any special like a VLAN.

Aaron

Google Wifi is usually pretty bad with allowing discovery of devices that are hooked up to a different access point in the mesh. Unplug your Google Home and bring it close to the hub so it's using the access point that the hub is plugged into. Then try discovering it again. This should only be needed for discovery.

The name won't matter. The MAC address is how it's discovered on the network. You can name it whatever you want in Hubitat.

I found the problem! Previously the hubitat was plugged directly into a Google wifi puck. However a small unmanaged switch was added and the hubitat was plugged into that instead of a direct connection. Removing it from switch and connecting directly to puck solved the problem!

I am having the same issue, I have 2 Google Home minis and 2 Chromecast all connected through my Viasat router/Modem. The Hubitat hub is connected directly to the same router. Discovery runs then stops but nothing is found. I have checked my outdoor AP and none are connecting through it. I even powered it done. Still nothing found. Any ideas? Log only has discovery started, discovery stopped.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.