Chromecast Excessive Hub Load

I've seen a few other posts related to this but didn't see any resolution. I don't know that it's really causing any pain, but I did reboot the specific Chromecast Audio device and the behavior was identical pre/post reboot.

1 Like

Yes, this is a big problem as it sometimes eats up a lot of CPU resources:
Normally my HE has a load of 1 to 2% (devices and apps). But when such a CC device driver runs amok, everything is possible; I've even seen loads of more than 100%!?! :thinking:

BTW, my highscore yesterday:
method runQ of child device ccBüro ran for 752,592ms
=> Over 12 minutes!?! :astonished:

It would be very useful to simple have a much lower timeout for such events (configurable, or IMHO a maximum of 10 seconds).
A (non) reaction after 12 minutes is (for me) completely useless. :man_shrugging:

I've the strong feeling that nobody wants to be responsible for the Chromecast Driver, compare to:

Sorry for spamming (kind of), but:
Dear @Hubitat_Staff, @bobbyD , @bcopeland, @gopher.ny, @support_team, ... - anyone can give us some insights?

I would even sign an NDA to participate in the repair by coding at no charge. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I found out that if I disabled the Chromecast app within Hubitat after I used it to install devices, the load on Hubitat is dramatically reduced but all functionality seems to remain intact.

This sounds strange...

How long ago was that?
Are there no more extreme timeouts at all?

I experience no issues that didn't exist already when the app was enabled. It's been disabled for over a year.

1 Like

I am not using it, but I have a dozen Chromcast devices in my house. Will enable and see if I can replicate.

1 Like

Thanx a lot!
A hint to replicate this problem: Let the cc devices speak something once an hour (set a low volume to not get disturbed :wink:).
Often there are no problems at all :man_shrugging: (which makes it hard to replicate) - but if so, then it can create minutes long timeouts.