Chromecast error, reboot, rediscover not helping. Is yours working now?

Seems for quite a while my chromecast is not reliable, today it just stopped working totally.
I see an error in the log, anyone know what's up? Rebooting does not help

dev:32422021-01-15 02:29:26.556 pm errorsu.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.ChromeCastException: No application is running in ChromeCast (runQ)

I also had my chromecast integration go from inconsistent to completely non-functional. I had assigned DHCP reservations to all devices as I saw recommendations for this in other threads. Although rediscovery showed all devices and groups had the correct/updated IPs, nothing would make them functional again.

I ended up removing the app and then re-adding it. This resulted in a number of broken rules that I had to repair so here's hoping this sticks now!

Yes I know this is an old thread... But did removing the app and re-adding it break the rules completely, or able to just edit them and fix the line that rdfered to the chromecast integration?

I may have to remove and add chromecast app as I have devices not being added as devices.. So different issue (have created a thread but no replies as if yet).

It wasn't too bad, just had to edit the rules. The biggest pain I had is that I had rules for notifications so I had to rewrite the message text. I think I added steps to define and use variables for messages now, so if I have to do this again it's a little quicker.