ChatGPT

I've been playing around with ChatGPT the past few days and know there must be some uses with HE. Has anyone been looking to integrate/use it with HE yet?

I'm sure there are some hilarious applications, but I'm guessing the WAF is pretty low. Lol

That being said I would love my echo speaks notifications to be and iambic pentameter

2 Likes

I've actually been asking it to help me figure some of the more complicated aspects of HE. For example, for a while I've been trying to set up this system where the news would play in the morning on my Sonos system. I have a specific list of sources. The problem was that Sonos wouldn'T play the RSS feed properly. Within those RSS feeds, there is an MP3. Those would get played, but they would change daily, so I couldn't just rely on that. Enter ChatGPT.

Here is what it told me to do.

Yes, you can modify the Hubitat rule to play the next podcast immediately after the previous one finishes. Here's how you can do this:

1. Set up your RSS feed tool to download multiple MP3 files from your preferred news sources. You can download these MP3 files to a specific location on your local network.
  2. Create a Hubitat rule that triggers at the time you want to wake up and play the news on your Sonos system. This rule should include the following actions:
  • Create a variable to store the index of the current podcast in the list of downloaded podcasts. You can initialize this variable to 0, assuming the first podcast in the list is to be played first.
  • Use the "HTTP Request" action to download the MP3 file of the podcast at the index specified by the variable.
  • Use the "Sonos: Play Track" action to play the downloaded MP3 file on your Sonos system. You can specify the location of the MP3 file in the "Track URI" field.
  • Add a "Wait for Event" action that waits for the "Track Finished" event from the Sonos device. This ensures that the current podcast finishes playing before the next one starts.
  • Increment the variable that stores the current podcast index by 1.
  • Repeat the previous three actions for each subsequent podcast you want to play. You can use a "Wait" action to add a delay between each podcast if you want to create a gap between them.
  1. Test the rule to make sure it works as expected. You may want to set the trigger time to a few minutes in the future to test it without waiting until the next morning.
  2. If the rule works correctly, set it to run every day at the time you want to wake up. You can do this by using the "Scheduled Trigger" option in the Hubitat rule.

With this setup, you should be able to wake up to a series of news podcasts from your preferred sources each morning on your Sonos system, with each podcast playing immediately after the previous one finishes. Just make sure that the tool you use to download the podcasts can handle multiple downloads, and that you have enough time allocated in the rule to play all the podcasts you want to hear.

Will it work?? I'll let you know.

1 Like

ChatGPT would be a groovy place to seek assistance writing Drivers and Apps, in theory. If you catch my meaning. It's known to be more than a passable coder.

1 Like

There is an entertaining thread on Home Assistant Community because they implemented an immediate ban on people who post ChatGPT answers as their own.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.