Charged twice for the same subscription

The card used for the original yearly subscription was closed. Noticed an email about a failed payment. Logged in and changed the payment method. Clicked pay now, as it was on hold. Now I've been double charged for the same subscription on the same hub, on the same day. How does your system even allow 2 of the same subscriptions on the same hub? On top of it all, you have no damn contact information to email or call about sensitive payment info, so now here I am blabbing about it to the world. I have to say, as a long-time customer, I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of direct support for subscription services and billing info. You need to reach out, and let me know when you have figured it out and my refund is processed.

Did you try to submit a ticket to that page? Reason would be "OTHER".

7 Likes

It doesn't allow to enroll a hub in two active subscriptions on the same account at the same time. However, what happened is that your original Hub Protect subscription (# 347733 from December 4th 2022) was placed on hold because of the failed payment. When a payment is missed by more than 3 days, the service is terminated on the hub side. Because the service was terminated on the hub side, thus the subscription was marked inactive, it allowed you to subscribe again to a new service (subscription number 445917 on December 4th 2023). If you decided to subscribe again and didn't update the payment on the original subscription, the additional payment would not have occurred.

Obviously, this is not the experience we would like our customers to have. What should have happened is that the original subscription should have been automatically cancelled after the payment was missed by 3 days, so you can resubscribe with a new payment method.

We have issued a refund for the additional payment (please allow 3-5 business days for the credit to appear on your bank statement) and cancelled the original subscription, so you wouldn't be double charged again in the future. Sorry about that.

11 Likes