Changing email address associated with hubitat community and hubs

I have been trying to figure out how to change my email address associated with my hubitat accounts, and am kind of stuck on how to do this . for example if my current one is greenall@y.com, I would like to change it to greenall@z.com.

hints?

Richard

Try This.

Or This

To replace the admin for your hub, please start here:

To replace the email in the community, head to Preferences (select your avatar in the upper right corner)

Then select the wrench icon:

I was able to only transfer 1 of my 3 hubs to the new email address. It appears that you are unable to transfer a hub that has any subscriptions on it to a new address without cancelling the subscription first. The two hubs that won't allow me to transfer have hub protect.

I think the assumption this procedure makes is that you are transferring the "Hubs" to a new owner, so the subscriptions don't go with the hub.

Is not an assumption. Subscriptions are tied to the admin account. Replacing the admin doesn't update the subscription, so without canceling the service first, a user will continue to be charged for a service that the user no longer has access to manage or even cancel.

Now, canceling the service is not effective until the service actually expires. We don't support early termination. If you need the service canceled earlier so that you can replace the admin on your other 2 hubs, send me a private message and I'd be happy to help you out.

1 Like

Same question here. Does that mean, you can help cancelling the subscription immediately to change my admin email address, but I have to subscribe for the service again. Is that the current procedure? I'm asking because my subscription just renewed at the beginning of January.

It might sound that way, however, we don't remove the services from the hub until the service actually expires. We can detach the account from the subscription, so when the time comes to continue the service, you will need to resubscribe using the new account. The auto renewal will not happen.

*Note: we understand that this is a major inconvenience for our users and we are looking into enhancements to offer a better user experience in the future.

2 Likes