Changed CSS and cant change back

I was messing around with CSS on one of my dashboards and it was coming on quite well. However, I made a bad change, and now the dashboard does not display correctly. Just a load of raw html, and I no longer have the edit button to change the CSS back again.

Is there any way to fix this, other than deleting the effected dashboard and starting again?

I imagine deleting it is the answer. You have the JSON and the CSS off hub, right? If not, make a backup of the DB, restore "yesterday's backup", grab a copy, then restore the backup you just created. You would then be able to delete the defective dashboar and jump a good ways forward via the saved JSON & CSS.

2 Likes

If you can still get into the dashboard try right-clicking and choosing Inspect , from there uncheck the offending CSS, not the quickest way to get back but it is doable. Should mention, the uncheking is only valid for that moment, if you refresh it will go back to so make sure you edit the offending CSS while you are able to.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions.
I managed to right click and select inspect on the dashboard within the edge browser. I was then able to find the CSS element casing the problem, and deleted the element. The dashboard then displayed correctly, and I was able to go into the settings and edit the CSS.

I’ll research CSS further and be more careful in future!
Thanks again.

2 Likes

Make a hub backup before you make big changes as well so you restore it back. Saved me a few times blindly messing with CSS.

I’ve never tried a restore. Does everything come back fully? I use webcore as my rules engine, Do you know if all devices are restored and are available to the pistons without having to edit and add them back in?

A restore will bring back the database to the backup state, i.e. any device defined to wedCoRE will still be defined to webCoRE unless you took action to remove the device from the radio database.

Thanks, that’s good to know.
I’d wondered as I believe this is not the case if you restore to a replacement hub?

I’ve just had to do my first restore due to a corrupt DB (power cut issues I think)
It went ok, with everything coming back fine, it was a nervous wait though!

Still wondering why you can’t restore to a replacement hub though. Although the backup size of the database deems too small to hold all apps etc?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.