Change volume up and down increments for Sonos devices

Hi there! Not sure if anyone has had experience with this, but I'm wondering if there is a way to set a custom increment for volume up and volume down operations for audio devices (such as Sonos).

By default, HE will go "5" up or down when using the volume up/down actions from one of my Pico remotes. To be clear, this is also the case when you bypass the remote entirely and just do it straight through the device using the volumeUp and volumeDown actions.

I have a set of speakers which are almost universally going to be used in low volume settings (sub "20") and so, it would be ideal to be able to change volume in a smaller increment such as "2" instead of "5".

Any ideas?

We can add a preference setting for that in the driver.

1 Like

@mike.maxwell That would be stellar. If you’re thinking about a new driver-level implementation, you may want to consider it as a preset selection option vs free entry to ensure that the increment is evenly divisible into 100. For example, you probably wouldn’t want to allow “3” as you’ll never actually get to 100 without a bit of custom handling.

So, I could envision something like a user choice between 1, 2, 4, 5, 10, and 20.

Just a thought.

This and a few other option additions will be included in platform release 2.2.4...

3 Likes

@mike.maxwell That looks great!!

I’d still prob remove 3% as an option as it’s not evenly divisible into 100, but only if you haven’t already handled it.

it doesn't matter, issue was already handled anyway

1 Like

Sounds good. :+1:

@mike.maxwell Just installed the latest update, incl. the volume options. Works like a charm. Thank you!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.