Change request for Motion Lighting App

I am trying to "override" the light state from a wall switch, and Motion Lighting App allows for this to turn on the light. However, the light switch does not override the "off" condition. If I turn off the light using the switch, it does not trigger the motion light state to turn off.

I have a wall switch that controls the main lights. I also have a secondary outlet switch that is also turned on when the motion sensor triggers. Just using the motion sensor to turn on and off the lights works fine. But I would also like to turn on and off both controlled lights from the wall switch. There is an option to turn on the light using the switch or button, but when that same switch turns off the light, it does not trigger the motion light state to act as if the motion off event occurred, leaving the outlet left on.

The option under

Options for Additional Sensors, Lights-Off and Off options>> Additional switches to turn off when turned off doesn't work?

Unfortunately, it doesn't. If I use the wall switch to turn off the light, the outlet switch does not turn off. I'm currently using the Mirror app as suggested by someone else.

Use the option "Switches to turn off lights" to turn them off. Parallel option allows switch to turn them on.

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 8.55.28 AM

3 Likes

That worked! I don't know how I did not see that option.