Change Light Color Buttons in Dashboard

Looking for help creating Dashboard buttons that will allow me to change light color? I mainly have Zigbee RGBW & Hue Bulbs.

1 Like

Were you able to get this feature added? I am also looking to be able to change the color of my Hue lights thru the dashboard.

Thanks

I did not... started using Sharp Tools instead, but it does not seem to provide color functionality either

I'm working on adding Color Control Tiles to SharpTools.io currently. Assuming I don't run into any glaring issues, I would expect it to be included in the next SharpTools platform release. :smiley:

Hey @josh - Fantastic news! That will get me home. Great work with SharpTools.io

1 Like

Hey @Shortstop - just wanted to give you an update that yesterday's SharpTools.io platform release includes Color Control as well as a bunch of other great features. You can find out more in the following post:

2 Likes

Hey @josh - I was just looking at it.. Brilliant! Switching my grandfathered free account to paid to support your great work!

2 Likes

For those who might be looking to do this natively in the hubitat dashboard, you can piece it together using preset color definitions. I chose 8 colors - red, orange, yellow, green, teal, blue, purple, pink, and white - and created a virtual button for each in hubitat (so that I could name them appropriately, otherwise you could use a single button device with 8 buttons). I then created triggers in Rule Machine that sets a light to that color when the virtual button is pushed. From there, you can add these buttons to a dashboard - I created an individual dashboard for the "color buttons", and put a "dashboard" tile in my primary dashboard to link across.

It's not the most elegant solution, certainly - at the moment I have these buttons and triggers defined individually for each of my rgbw bulbs (only have 2 so far), I'm experimenting with ways to consolidate this logic for when I get more bulbs - I'm reluctant to migrate to a cloud-based dashboard, particularly for tablets mounted at home as local control panels