Change colour temperature over time

Just for the record, I downloaded Event Engine. All the functions of Lighting Effects ARE in there. They are right in the Actions section. See below.

If you ever have a problem with a particular app, you should put that in the support thread for that exact app. Otherwise, the developer will likely never see it.

@neonturbo I saw all that and set it up as per the attached screenshots. Nothing happened, the lights won't turn on. Mode is correctly being set in this example to Day based on the time, so the trigger should work.

Are there any logs to show if anything is happening, i.e. output to a terminal window in realtime?

Yes, the Logs tab in the left menu of Hubitat.

But you really should post this in the Event Engine thread if you need support for that app. Bryan the developer is very helpful and I am sure he will help you if you post there and describe what is going on. I am just an end user like you that only yesterday downloaded this app, so I am probably not able to diagnose why this isn't working for you.

1 Like

I think we are a ways off from any smart home platform being truly mainstream. We are basically in a time of early adopters who are willing to learn by tinkering, by group discussion (this forum), and some trial and error.

I do think Hubitat is the best smart home platform. It is very powerful utilizing Rule Machine. And with the built-in Basic Rules app and Motion Lighting app, it is fairly simple to create many handy automations.

Give it some time, and I think you will end up being happy with Hubitat. This forum is amazingly helpful, so keep reading and posting your questions.

3 Likes

All, I'm beginning to think it's more to do with the bulbs I have ( eWeLight) they are supposedly Zigbee 3, but obviously not. I can control them manually but they struggle with automation. I managed to get them working on Rule Machine, but Event Engine is a non-runner. They keep throwing weird error in the log.

Before I bought them I didn't know there was a compatibility chart. I do now. At least 5 of them only cost €50.

They are candle bulbs, the small Edison screw type, does anybody have a better RGBW recommendation?

I bought some small candle like bulbs (Dogain) and they didn't reliably with HE -- until I put them on the Hue hub. Much Better. They are still a bit weird in groups/scenes but I don't use them enough to care. If you don't have a Philips Hue hub that wouldn't be an option for you.

So yes. It was the bulbs. The Hue bulbs arrived today and they were very easy to set up.

Only issue I am having now is their functionality in Event Engine when trying to use them in a group or combined. They are throwing an error "Command 'currentValue' is not supported by device 100. on line 5563".

I will keep playing around with them , so far so good.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.