Chamberlain myq wifi garage door opener

I have other lights and switches in google working already and I shared only garage door and it stays as being shared until I refresh google home to look for it and when its done refreshing i check to see if its in the list and it isnt and when i go back into hubitat and make sure its checked on the list I find that it isnt being shared anymore

You said you're using the no-sensor version? I'm using the sensor version and it shows up and works fine.

when i click on the garage door under devices and scroll to the bottom it doesnt say it is being used by myq it is blank. The opener and the closer both say they are being used by myq, is yours this way as well?

the garage door also says it is a [
MyQ Garage Door Opener-NoSensor and the other two says they are a momentary tile button

I can share it with Alexa but it doesnt show up in her device list anywhere but at the sametime it doesnt stop being shared with echo skill either. The only one that will stop sharing is google home, is yours shared through google as well?

If you would read what I write, that would save me from having to repeat myself.

Do you have a contact sensor already setup on the door or not?

Yeah, I hear you but $10 a year and I don't have to spend time trying to get it working with a reversed engineered api that doesn't support the tilt sensor I have. What I reallly wish is it had local calls like the Hue Hub. There is a web service on the box so its there just not open.

the only sensors that I have are the door sensors that came with the motor so they are not part of the myq wifi hub and like I wrote earlier the sensor I have on that is the door sensors that tells if it is open or closed and from what I am reading from Rich that sensors doesnt seem to be supported so thats why I need to use the no sensor version.

Maybe I need to buy some contact sensors like you have to go with it to get it to work?

What web service are you talking about? The one by MyQ that you have to pay for?

The device itself is running web services. It just isn't publicly documented and might be locked to their cloud.

did you install the app and the device driver? I just did them last week and they work great

Newbie chiming in.
Please differentiate between user app and built in app. Folks caused me to be a little confused by saying just "app".

Thanks.

Well, if you have to first install the code, I would assume that everyone would know it's a user app. If you don't, go watch the beginner videos again. You're welcome to follow behind me and clarify but I don't think anyone misunderstood.

yes and then you go through the setup for it to create the garage door and other 2 for the close and open.

Mine is created with no sensors since i have no contact sensors and since the app also doesnt read the tilt sensor as well.

Maybe you use the sensor version and that may work fine but the no sensor version isnt working correctly for me.

Also here is what mine looks like when being set up and not sure if the different versions are screwing with it?

you are correct I do run the sensor version.

any idea where I can get contact sensors that work with myq and my chamberlain door opener? My opener has the normal beam sensors

Any tilt sensor works great. I have the Monoprice tilt sensor

thanks will have to give it a try and see how it works. I have the tilt sensor that came with the myq hub and I guess it isnt supported with the hubitat codes which is odd

Why would it have to work with your door opener? You want it to work with HUBITAT not with MyQ.

thats so I can use the version with the sensor instead of without. I am thinking maybe something is wrong with the code for the one without sensors

The sensor he listed is a zwave device so will work with hubitat

All you need is any Zigbee/Z-wave contact sensor that is compatible with HE, you don't even need a tilt sensor..... The Myq app will work without the sensors but I believe the reporting of the door's status will not function.

I have been using this for 7-8 months without issues. I just installed 2 contact sensors one for each door.