Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Support [OUT OF DATE]

Question - not sure if you were following my previous comments. I'm trying to understand if you guys have 1 button in the dashboard that does it all. I have 2 garage doors, each with 3 buttons - Open/Close/Current State. How do I get 1 button is what's not working for me. My open/close buttons are momentary buttons created by MyQ Lite...and the Current state is the garage sensor (ST multipurpose) i just purchased. Everything is working, I just want to get it all in 1 button as I've seen others have said. Thanks in advance.

@jonasd1, could you check in your device list if you have devices for the garage door that look like the one I describe above? ("Main Garage Door" device)? It should use the device Type: "MyQ Garage Door Opener".

Yes, I have 2 of those, 1 for each door.

Thanks @jonasd1. The next step for you is to use those "Garage Door" devices on your dashboard. They should each be setup with the "Garage (Control)" template. Once they are setup that way, then when clicking on them, you should get an "Are you sure? Yes/No" pop-up. Clicking on "Yes" will send a "Push" command to the driver which will either open or close the door depending on it's current state.

Please let me know if that works for you! :smiley:

ok, wait, that totallly worked. I could have sworn I tried to do that before. So now i can absoutely get rid of 6 freakin buttons and move to 2, AWESOMENESS! Thanks @Sebastien

That's great news! :smiley: I'm very happy it worked!

1 Like

Question - so using this setting, is the ST Multi-sensor involved in the "push" when it asks the YES/NO question when I push the button?

My understanding is that the only thing the ST Multi-sensor does is tell the Garage Door driver if the door is open or closed (maybe also if it's moving...). So no, it is not involved in the "push" action.

1 Like

Thank you. I finally figured it out. Abandoned the garage door as a project for now - need a z-wave repeater to get enough signal to the contact sensor on the door. But fundamentally, I believe I have most of the pieces in place and working. Thank you for your support!

This was one of the last items that I still had connected to my wink hub. I finally bought a ST sensor and the install was one of the easiest I have done. Works like a charm.

Thanks for providing the driver.

I can’t get the light driver to work ... but I’m not sure my chamberlain supports that. I don’t have the ability through the MyQ app either.

No, it tells the MyQ App whether it is open or closed and that tells the virtual devices whether it's open or closed.

Thanks for the clarification! :slight_smile:

Anyone else receiving errors now with MyQ?

errorgroovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request on line 922 (sendCommand)

Also in homebridge receiving:

Error getting MyQ devices: Error processing request (217)

I'm guessing MyQ changed something?

Seems to be working for me. What were you doing when this happened?

I first noticed via Homebridge that I was receiving a ' No Response ' error. I then checked homebridge logs and noticed:

0|homebrid | [3/25/2020, 10:00:34 AM] [MyQ2] Error getting MyQ devices: Error processing request (217)
0|homebrid | [3/25/2020, 10:00:43 AM] [MyQ2] Error polling MyQ servers: FetchError: request to https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/api/v4/UserDeviceDetails/Get failed, reason: read ECONNRESET

Then tried to control the garage via Hubitat and noticed this error:

errorgroovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request on line 922 (sendCommand)

Haven't touched anything in months prior to this.

Is there any documentation on how to create/modify dashboard templates ?
I have tried the Garage Door (control) and a variety of separate devices like switch, bulb, door status etc
I have installed the MyQ Lite with Sensor and added an independant ZW Tilt sensor as recommended and this status is read by the app
What is missing in the Garage Door Opener Status (Opening/Closing)
After I press the Garage Door (control button) The MyQ App reports the opener status as opening or closing before motion starts
The tilt sensor at a later time shows Open or closed inside the MyQ app and on the Dashboard.
I would like to see both Open/Close state from Tilt Sensor and Opening/Closing activation state of Opener

With a sensor, the Garage (control) dashboard tile should be correct. It should show current state.

Which app and driver did you use? There have been revisions to this over time, the latest is in this thread: Updated MyQ Lite Application

You can also add a separate tilt sensor tile, mine works as both "Contact" "Multi Sensor" and "Door Status". It will depend upon what tilt sensor you have to which tile works best. I use Multi Sensor so I can get temperature from my Smartthings multi sensor.

Just to note to all future readers:

Much of the above information is out of date. The apps and drivers above likely no longer work as they should.

You should be using the below app and driver.

Any issues you encounter with that app or driver should also be directed to the link below.

4 Likes

What I have found is that if I open or close the garage door from the Driver or Dashboard, the Opening/Closing status is correctly reported. Otherwise it is not.

Yes I was just observing that in the Garage Door (control) tile but I seem to be having problem with the new Ecolink Z wave Tilt sensor so the MyQ app is not working properly. Will see what I can do about that sensor or change to a different type of sensor. Maybe the metal door is affecting it. When I remove it and tip it up and down it start working again.
With the Switch template the door can still go up and down even when the sensor doe not operate, but with the Garage Door template can not operate the door due to the incorrect feedback. Still interested in how to develop templates if anyone knows ?