Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Support [OUT OF DATE]

It sounds like what you initially tried setting up to get it to open/close is correct. I have the app installed with a tilt sensor. I used the Garage (control) tile and it works for me. When I click on the tile, it also asks me if I want to proceed, when I click on "Yes" the garage door opens/closes.

Could you attach a copy of your logs?

You aren't going to get the state of the door on the tile because you are using the no sensor driver. That driver doesn't have the contact sensor capability because there is no sensor tied to it. If you use the other driver with a virtual contact, make sure that you have a valid state for the contact attribute in the virtual sensor. You will also have to change the value of the virtual sensor when you issue the open/close command to the door in order for it to update the state of the door. Kind of pointless though if there is no real sensor to tell you the state of the door.

The other option would be 2 virtual buttons (under one device) and then use rule machine to open/close the door based on those virtual button presses.

1 Like

Just curious if you've thought of getting/using a sensor? In case you're interested, this is the sensor I purchased for this:

Samsung SmartThings GP-U999SJVLAAA Door & Window Multipurpose Sensor, White

Considered it, but am not sure the zigbee signal can get out to my garage, house is mostly masonry. I suppose it's worth a try, and without the sensor there is no way to see the status of the door on my dashboard.

After numerous attempts with virtual devices, writing RM rules, trying various Dashboard template settings, and finally deciding to modify the nosensor device code, it's working using only the NoSensor "door" device with some additional code.

I now have simple, stateless Open and Close dashboard buttons.

What I did:

1. Added a Push command and push logic to the NoSensor device handler

2. Used the Door template Button option with "button number" OpenButton and CloseButton

How to install and setup Open and Close Dashboard buttons using my modified NoSensor DH

1. Add into Drivers Code my NoSensor DH Do not create any virtual devices with this driver, that occurs when the app is installed

2. Add into Apps Code MyQ Lite

3. In Apps, add user app MyQ Lite, login and setup, set button flag to OFF/FALSE.

4. Verify device "door" Open Close buttons actually work

5. Add device "door" to the dashboard

6. in Dashboard add 2 tiles: device "door", template: button values:
    OpenButton
    CloseButton
    Set an optional custom icon

7. Tap or Click on OpenButton / CloseButton tile

Thank you to @Sebastien and @Ryan780 for your assistance and suggestions

I'm glad to hear you found a solution that worked!

That one REALLY, and I mean REALLY drove me completely NUTS and now it's finally working thanks to this setup. THANK YOU BEYOND MEASURE...much appreciated. If I wanted to use the MyQ sensors is that NOT possible based on some of the threads I've seen? I would like to know if the doors are open or closed and setup, for example, a 'bot' to say, if one of my 2 doors is opened longer than 45 min, close it.

Correct as far as I know.

To do that in HE with this app the sensor DH and a tilt sensor device are required.

On my 12 year old Liftmaster garage door opener I use the following for automatic garage door closing and MyQ phone app access.

1. 828LM Internet Gateway
  2. 888LM (Hmm looks like the device has a free replacement 889LM)
    YMMV depending upon the door opener that is installed.

I installed the auto door close hardware after leaving the garage door open a few times.

So i just got 2 ST Multi sensors. I already have 3 in the house on various doors to track temperature and turn on lights when the door is opened. I bought to more because of this picture, lol. Are you saying you dont have the smaller piece of this ST multi-sensor and instead just have the thicker part that is pictured above? Does HE know with that setup if the door is opened or closed? How are you actually using it? I want to have HE know that the door is actually CLOSED or OPENED. If the latter (OPENED) for longer than 45 min, I want it to close automatically....will this work that way? HE Noob here...thanks!

Oh nice! :smiley:

That is correct! It is also a tilt sensor, and as you can see below, you can just tell it to use it as on a garage door. It is pretty easy to setup. Here is how I have it configured:

Please let me know if you run into issues setting yours up, or if you have any other questions.

So this takes the place of the MyQ sensors that I still have on the doors (and will keep there as backup). Install 1 of each on both doors, setup as you outlined and the HE will know the state of the door, whether it's opened or closed? That's the part I'm not clear on since I"m only installing the sensor. My main reason for this is I want to be able to automatically close the door (via HE) after it's been left open (either one of them) foro 45 min. Will this setup accomplish that?

The MyQ sensor will still be required by MyQ, so I would recommend you leave it there.

Yes, but you will also need to update your "MyQ Lite" app in Hubitat to use it. In that app, click on "Tap to modify devices" and cycle through until you get to this page (for each of your doors):

At that point, you will select the correct door sensor and have it create a push button.

I went through it to take this screenshot and got an error because I had one setup already, so if you have one setup for yours already, you'll may have to remove it and re-start if it doesn't work... Not really sure about that, or if it is really needed... It's been a few months now since I set this up.

After this is done, it will only be a matter of creating your RM to close the door after 45 minutes. You can also setup a dashboard tile to see if the door is open or closed, and close it from that tile, just like you would from the MyQ app.

It wasn't working but it was because i wasn't using the "Momentary" template, i had it on "button" i am good to go, now onto the RM to figure that out. Oh what fun!

I just reread your message so I have 2 garage doors and 3 buttons for each. Open/Close and the State the garage door is in, open/close. The last one just tells me that it's open or closed (via the SmartThings multi sensor) - are you saying I can have that actually open and close it? That would take me from 6 buttons on the dashboard to 2, 1 for each garage that I can open/close from the same button AND see the 'state'. Am I reading that wrong?

You are reading it right. That is how I have my garage door setup. I have set it up using the "Garage (Control)" template. I can see the state of the door and when I click on it, I get a pop-up that confirms I want to change the state (Open if closed, Close if opened).

Here's the "Main Garage Door" device that was created by the MyQ Lite app (If I remember correctly...)

New guy here - moving devices from Wink. So, I've installed the MyQ No Sensor and have three (3) new devices in my Devices list:

• Garage Door Opener
  • Opener Opener (Momentary Button Tile)
  • Opener Closer (Momentary Tile Button)
    I have verified the "On" state in both buttons moves the door (on in opener OPENS door, etc...)
    I cannot figure out how to get your above example for creating dashboard tiles to work however. I'm missing something but don't know where.

I am not seeing how to setup 1 button that can open/close and tell me the current state like yours. If you look at the picture here, the Momentary buttons created to open and close work fine. The Garage button is the ST Sensor mounted on the door, if i change that to Garage (control) - it doesn't work, gives me a question mark symbol. Sorry for being an idiot...but cant see how you did that. In other news, I did get the RM working to close each door after 45 minutes if it's open :wink:

Glad to hear the RM worked! For the rule, is it possible that you don' t have the Garage door devices? That seems to be the difference...

For the Rule? No the rule is working fine. I was talking about your previous message saying you have 1 button which does the same function as the 3 i have for 1 door. I want 1 button to do everything these 3 do.

Hello Todd

Welcome to the HE Forums.

1. Please confirm the No Sensor DH is from my personal github location and the MyQ app from this location.

2. If you personally created the above devices, they should be removed. When the MyQ app initializes, it creates it's own devices. For my single garage door, it's named "door". That's all I need.

1. The dashboard open/close buttons are created by
    Add the "door' device to the dashboard by going to Apps-Hubitat Dashboard
    Then go to the Menu-> Dashboards-> click/tap on desired dashboard
    Click + to add a tile
    Select "Door"-->button->set Button Number to OpenButton or CloseButton save it
    (Optional) Select the Custom Icon then search for garage open or garage close