Centralite devices now available on Amazon

I have two of these in separate attic spaces. One ST branded and other Centralite. Both pair as ...

1 Like

I just paired one today.
No problem, very quick (surprise, surprise!)
Pairs as a "SmartThings Humidity Sensor".

1 Like

Thanks, ordered two humidity sensors.

BTW, Bezos called to thank me for all the business.

3 Likes

Mine came today. It was recognized as the SmartThings device and it appears to be working correctly. It is reading close in both temperature and humidity to the Nyce unit that is about 15 feet away.

The pairing process was not as smooth as most I have done. It didn't initially recognize any device so I did a full reset (pull battery, hold in button, re-insert battery). It recognized it but sat at the "initializing" message for many minutes. I suspected a dead battery so I went up to CVS and bought a couple more CR2's. I did another factory reset this time with one of the new batteries. It went a little further - it reported that this was a previously recognized SmartThings sensor (even though the first time around it never reported recognizing it as SmartThings). It still sat with the initializing message. In frustration I went to the Devices page and scrolled down to see if it was listed as either a generic or a SmartThings. It was there and when I opened the device page it had selected the correct driver and appeared to be functioning. I clicked "Configure" out of habit and then gave it a name and saved it. It seems to be working fine but the pairing process was a bumpy road.

That’s odd I didn’t have any issues except when I first got HE and my channel was set to 22 or something odd because I still had ST on. Since changing it to 20 I have had zero issues pairing zigbee devices but I also have a very strong mesh with Xbee too. Curious if you had paired it close to hub it that would have made a difference.

One of my humidity sensors is a few years old in my extremely hot attic and somewhat cold winters, live in NC, and it’s holding strong.

1 Like

This is the first one that I recall having an issue with pairing. I had it on my desk which is about 6 feet away from the hub. It's in its deployment location which is in the hall just outside my office - about 12 feet from the hub. It seems to be working just fine.