Centralite 4200-C Not Monitoring Energy

Hi there,

I purchased a Centralite 4200-C Zigbee Outlet, it's advertised specifically as working with Hubitat but it uses the generic driver.

It's also specifically advertised as monitoring power usage, but it's not working. I bought it for the power monitoring capabilities. The log is also stating that power monitoring is an unsupported attribute!

Are they being misleading, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks very much!

Looks like I can't edit my post above.

Just to add, here's Centralite Support's response:

"Our Centralite smart outlets work with most ZigBee hubs but this seems to be a requirement for the Hubitat tech support because they can guide you through their software to solve the issue"

See this thread

Thanks very much for the response, unfortunately that thread didn't get to the bottom of it I believe? Someone said it doesn't monitor energy, but Centralite Support is saying that it does.

It does seem misleading. I was hoping to leverage the manufacturer's "purported support" for energy monitoring/reporting. :confused:

Energy monitoring is not mentioned on their data sheet . . .

Thanks everybody for your replies - Centralite support claimed their outlet monitors energy usage but it simply doesn't work! I returned that outlet which was expensive, and bought Sengled ones instead - these ones DO support energy monitoring, so the problem is solved! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.