CentraLite 3328-G Zigbee Motion Sensor

One of the motion sensors in my dining room was stuck ON (active) the other morning and, as it has given me trouble in the past, I chucked it in the trash bin. The Sylvania (made by CentraLite) Motion Sensors I have been getting recently were sold out so I went with this model (also CentraLite) 3328-G. It arrived today and I unboxed it - I think this is the smallest of all the motion sensors that I have tried. Very clean and simple design. Installed easily - uses the Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor driver. The battery (CR2450) is only reading around 75% and I am wondering if this may be some old stock. I'll let you all know how it works out longer term.

1 Like

If you havenโ€™t tried the Iris V2, they are also slightly smaller than the Sylvania, and use the CR2 batteries that last a couple years in the Sylvanias at least. Ebay still has 10 for $55. The ones I received two weeks ago still had the tabs over the battery terminals and all of the batteries were 99%. YMMV of course.

1 Like

@Eric.C.Miller
How this sensor been working out for you so far?

It has been installed for about a month and seems to be working well. It responds quickly. I haven't had it long enough to know about battery life.

1 Like

How's the battery life?

Still on the same battery as when I posted originally - so a bit over a year.

I have had 3 of these, all supposedly the 3328-G variant but the one unit manufactured in Mexico has a different and less reliable plastic battery tray mechanism (slide-in) vs the 2 Chinese unites (rotate-in). Together they showed +/- 5F variations in temperature, requiring different temp offset in the HE driver. One of the Chinese ones has performed reasonably well but the other two burn through the 3V 2450 cells like there's no tomorrow and after initial Zigbee pairing now refuse to perform a factory reset.

Centralite's support is non-existent - even their data sheet describing the factory reset procedure doesn't match the physical device (reset hole vs external button) - the support phone # listed some places on their website connects to a spam telemarketer (the real one is 844-581-8866, but you'll still have no luck getting through) and their trouble-ticket submission form includes a broken Captcha widget. Even trying to search their knowledgebase produces a "403 Forbidden" error on every web browser I've tried.

I'm writing off the $50 I spent on two of these and chucking them - currently researching something more reliable for temperature detection.