Ceiling Fan

Waiting on my Hubitat hub to arrive. Switching over from SmartThings. I have a ceiling fan in the master bedroom. The light and the fan are on separate switches. Been using the GE switches. That said, the fan is on it's third switch. Any recommendations for fan switch that will last? Oh, I have Toggle not paddle. Thanks

When it comes to toggle switches, GE/Jasco/Enbrighten are the main option. With that being said i find GE/Jasco/Enbrighten products to solid, stable and well supported. I just got rid of some old GE/Jasco/Enbrighten zwave 300 series switches, not because they stoped working, but because hubit doesn’t support 300 series zwave as well as ST did.

If you keep loosing switches attached to a particular device, maybe its the circuit or the device causing the failures. It maybe worth having an Electrician look into it.

1 Like

Thanks. I will. How do you know if your switches are the 300 series... mine are several years old.
Thanks

300 series Zwave is not zwave plus

Are you using light switches on the fan, or fan rated switches? Fans are very bad for a light rated switch.

If you want a heavy duty toggle, GE has a "commercial grade" toggle that I have used on my bath fans. It IS fan rated. It is part number 43074. It has lasted where others failed very quickly.

1 Like

I'm not sure how well the switches do with an inductive load such as a fan. As you probably know, Jasco/GE/Honeywell has a fan controller made specifically for this type of application. Unfortunately, it's only available in a paddle model.

1 Like