Ceiling fan only control with speed?

That’s awfully nice of you. Would something like this work?

https://amzn.to/45vwkAo

I think the small units should fit in this fan.

Yes, it should. The larger 1 is what I have as an extra.

The Dane is not included :slight_smile:

1 Like

See above. I'm trying to determine if Lutron is worth it over these boxes that go over the fan. I can get 2 fan modules for $22 on Amazon, and a Lutron is about $30 on Amazon. One option needs the Bond (which I have) the other needs the Lutron Bridge (which I have). Lutron seems cleaner as it's not RF to the fan itself like the Bond implementation would be.

It's not an apples-to-apples comparison is it? The Lutron fan switch only controls the fan, not the lights while the solutions like the Inovelli or wifi module options can control lights and fan speed. I have new Lutron fan switch sitting on a box; I haven't installed it yet so I could be wrong.

I HATED jamming the Inovelli module into the fan canopy at my previous house and am dreading and having to do it again in new house.

One feature of the Lutron fan speed control switch that I like is the 4 LEDs on the side of the switch that show the fan speed. You can tell at a glance what speed the switch/fan is set. On some of the other switches the speed setpoint is not so evident. You have to wait until the fan comes up to speed then adjust it again if it is not what you want. I also like the middle button that is used to set the favorite speed.

1 Like

Has not shipped yet.

just fyi, They are shipping now

And it looks like they have some trouble with them and some manufacturing issues.

Most of the issues are with the Home Assistant integration and don't apply to Hubitat users.

There was a manufacturing change to the LED's which results in a noticeable hue difference when installed in the same gang-box with older Inovelli switches.

I am not aware of any other issues. Mine are running on Hubitat perfectly fine :slight_smile:

Yes, this sucks.