Cast Web error when trying to add device

Hi all I'm a hubitat newbie and am trying to setup the Cast web app.
I've succesfully connected to the machine running the api and when I select one of my GH devices I get:
Error: Device type 'cast-web-api' in namespace 'vervallsweg' not found

Probably doing something wrong but kind of stuck now

Nevermind! the message says it all.. My device type was name incorrectly

Edit: I cheered to soon. When sending something to the device, I now get a "Connection: Not found"message

I'll try to clarify what I'm trying to achieve:
I'd like the google homes to play a doorbell sound when the doorbell button is pressed. Of course I could just have the GH devices say "someone is at the door" or something similar, but I'd prefer an mp3

Welcome to the communities. I did a quick search in the communities and I saw a number of references to cast-web so there may be multiple. I would try tagging the member who's app you are using as in @m.brederode They may be able to help.

cast-web-api is sort of a mess. Which version of the API did you setup e.g. how did you set up your node server?

Based on that you may not have compatible HE drivers. There are only HE drivers ported for (at this point) a very old version of the cast-web-api node server. I have drivers ported for the newest version but I don't have them in source control. At this point, the project is so unstable that I'm trying to decide whether or not to jump in and try to fix it or abandon it.

So, first things first. What version of the api do you have setup on your node server?

@codahq
I think the problem might be in the node server. I have 1.2.0 installed on that the rest is 1.0.0 if I'm correct.

I did get it to pause and change the volume yesterday (started again from scratch) But TTS doesn't work nor can it play audio tracks..

The cc beta app does both fine, but I cant use it with Rule Machine to play an mp3 file

I think the public ported Hubitat cast-web drivers are for 1.0 or 1.0.1 or something like that. That's may be why they don't work. If you send me a message I can PM you the drivers I ported for the 1.2.1 node server but I make no promises of reliable functionality. Months ago I got into the middle of a rewrite with them and I don't remember where I left off because the node server I was using for cast-web had to be repurposed to run Christmas lights instead.

That would be awesome @codahq ! I'd like to try those