Can't reset my C7 - Did a Roll-back and Made Things Worse

TI couldn't update my C7 to the latest firmware, do I figured I would "roll it back" and then reload the updates. Well, that didn't work and now I can't seem to find a way to fix it. It is now giving me a "Cloud Connection is Unavailable"
Any ideas?

Your internet connection is messed up. Try power cycle on your router.

1 Like

Everything else is working fine.

Just checked email and loaded a youtube video and played it. All seems ok. Went into the router and did a few diagnostics and it all came back fine.

Just because the internet is working for other devices does not mean that the hub has a good connection through it. I just ran into this myself yesterday with hubs at our factory. A router restart cleared the problem.

Your hub doesn't have an internet connection. Have you tried a reboot of the hub?

Actually, I'd shutdown both the router and the hub. Then start the router. After it is back up, power up the hub.

Yes. Did a reboot and went into diagnostics and tried to download the latest firmware. It gave me an error. Got back into diagnostics and did a soft reset. There is nothing on this hub as it was going to to replace my C5. (Bought direct from Hubitat a couple years ago) I went into settings and told it to update the firmware and it is presently just sitting there ith the bar doing back and forth but not finding anything. Currently running version: 2.3.0.124

What version does your diagnostic tool show? Not the firmware version but the diagnostic tool itself has a version when you are logged into it. I think there was an older version that had some issues and it may need to be updated with an endpoint before you can make use of it properly.

1 Like

Hi. I just used the "Nuclear" option and so far it seems to be updating. Will let you know in a minute or two. There was definitely something weird going on.

What is the "nuclear" option, if you don't mind me asking?

OK, it updated and is now using 2.3.5.146 for the firmware and the diagnostic tool is 1.0.97.

Did a "Hard Reset" per the instructions. Seems to have worked. As I mentioned, the hub wasn't fully set up, so taking it all the way back and bringing it back wasn't an issue. Nothing really to lose.

Funny though, how it had just "locked up" and wouldn't update. Anyway, will probably pick up one of your new C8 units in the near future. This house is pretty big 4000+ square feet on six levels) and I have been having some Zigbee and Z-Wave issues.

1 Like

Just out of curiousity, I have a bunch of CE zigbee pot lights and they are giving me fits. They just seem to drop out randomly. Any suggestions, or should I just run a new 3 core wire into the switch box, install regular pot lights and a zigbee switch and ditch the CE pots?

The only Zigbee bulbs I trust are Hue on Hue bridge. Everything else, more than one person has had one issue or another. Light switches are most reliable. My personal opinion. There will be others who will disagree :slightly_smiling_face:

The good thing is that the wiring is easily gottten at for these lights. So, I will run a new 3 core into the box and ditch the Commercial Equipment zigbee pots. I bought them from Home Depot about three or four years back. Figured others were having issues when they suddenly stopped carrying them. The house, unfortunately, was built prior to the code change requiring a neutral wire in the switch box. That makes for a few head scratchers, when it comes to some of the lights in this place! LOL! By the way, I love my C5 and I expect the C7 will do sterling service. I believe I could use them both in a "Mesh" mode, correct?

Might put the C7 up in the area where the zigbee lights are giving fits, of the time being.

Zigbee 1.2 lights make bad repeaters and should be on their own mesh and not mixed with ZHA (sensors and whatnot). Use a Hue Bridge or another Hubitat to achieve this. Make sure your zigbee is on lets say channel 25, make sure your wifi is on channel 6 or lower. This way they won't interfere with each other.

Humm, OK. Will give it a go. The place is wired with Ubiquiti APs, so I will have to see what channels I have them set for. Any other "gems of wisdom"? I can use all the advice I can get!

Set each AP to a different channel under 6 on 2.4. Any z-wave issues?

Hi. No, Z-Wave seems to be behaving itself, for the most part. If I have an area that is weak, I usually either install a repeater, or install a Z-Wave switch and that usually fixes things.

post your z-wave details page in it's entirety so we can look at health

1 Like