Can't pair Lutron Pico?

I should explain my use case. I just need an on/off switch to turn on "guest mode"
It doesnt need to mount on a wall and I don't really care if it's super-instant (though that is nice).
I just need something reliable. Frankly it's amazing to me that buttons arent as reliable as like motion sensors or contact sensors. Those seem to work without fail but buttons don't.. what gives? I'm actually thinking of modifying a contact sensor into a button at this point :slight_smile:

Buttons work great. You just have to have the right equipment to support the device that you have. For Pico remotes you have to have the smart bridge pro because the Hubitat Hub doesn't have a radio that works with the Pico. Either that or you need to get a button that is directly supported by Hubitat, like the SmartTings button.

I have a Lightify 4 button remote. It's terrible. Very unreliable. Usually have to press the buttons 5-6 times to register.. and that's SOMETIMES.. at other times it just doesn't register at all.

I hate to point it out but that doesn't mean that buttons don't work with Hubitat. You have just chosen to use a device that is not on the list of supported devices. I think that if you choose one that is, it will work a lot better.

2 Likes

There are a lot of great button options. I like the Pico also since it's portable and they make a nice stand. We use these in several places around the house - usually end tables. With the Pico, if you set it up as a Pushed/Held button, you get up to 10 scenes (5 pushed, 5 held). As also mentioned, you need the SmartBridge Pro. But the Pico's themselves are very affordable.

1 Like

Yeah, you might be right.. but I found that the list of supported hardware doesn't usually list everything that's supported and people did report using it. anyway, I just ordered the smartthings button. we'll see how that turns out.

1 Like

Absolutely...a lot of other devices work with the generic drivers or a community driver. But if a device is not on the supported devices list, don't be surprised if it doesn't work. That's all I'm sayin. The ST button will definitely work!

1 Like

I have one of these Lightify buttons as well and mine works great. I've never had an issue with it not working or being delayed. Most of the issues I've had in the past with this sort of thing was because my mesh wasn't strong enough at the time. Remember only mains powered devices will be repeaters. Both my Zigbee and my Z-Wave mesh are a lot stronger now and it's been a long time since I've had problems like this. (Except for my locks but that's a known issue with locks)